iX Community is Moving! - Maintenance Window 10/21/20

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Hey everybody! I wanted to give you a quick heads up that the iX Community will soon reside on TrueNAS.com/community. We're planning to make the move this Wednesday, October 21st. This should be a pretty seamless transition. We aren't expecting more than a few minutes of downtime (if any). All threads will be 1:1 redirected so there shouldn't be any missing resources. If you have any questions let me know!

Best,

Joshua

Last edited:

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Hey Chris,

They'll all be automatically redirected to the correct page. There shouldn't be any broken links.

horizonbrave

Explorer
Nice move for reinforcing the Truenas brand!
Should the Freenas sub on Reddit description mention/link to the Truenas sub as well?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Nice move for reinforcing the Truenas brand!
Should the Freenas sub on Reddit description mention/link to the Truenas sub as well?
FreeNAS is effectively going away. I imagine there will be a big push to make the public aware of the name change. Eventually, there will only be TrueNAS and the forum is going to be at TrueNAS.com. The old site, FreeNAS.com, went away over a year ago if I recall correctly.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
The technical team is working to resolve those issues, please let us know if you come across any actions that still trigger that error.

Resource download counters appear to have gone berzerk since the move.

screenshot.835.png

Really!? I doubt it.

Four hours later. Seriously!? I only wish this were true. Resources across the board seem to be affected.

screenshot.836.png

Is there any way to remove the Downloads delta count since the move? The count figure, and possibly the Views count, are no longer meaningful.

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Yeah, they seem higher than expected. I might have expected additional traffic from the TrueNAS 12 release, but still.

Well, the shift to new h/w on the w/e seems to have sorted the issue with download and view counters ticking over rapidly in the Resources section of the forum. Is it possible to have the counters reset to pre-Oct 21 figures? The numbers have mushroomed to something that bears no relation to the original figures prior to the move. I don't believe I've had over 10,000 downloads since that time. I'd be lucky if there were 100 downloads in the intervening period. I'd rather lose the tally of 100 downloads that might have occurred than have an inflated and meaningless 10,000 added to the download counter. Btw, this is across the board for all resources.

screenshot.898.png