iSCSI Roller-Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Cadet
I have two XenServers connect to an iSCSI target on FreeNAS using GB Ethernet and when I transfer data to a RAIDZ LUN the network utilization on the first copy goes from 0MB/s to about 80 MB/s and back to 0 MB/s the entire time it is copying an 80GB test file. This copy always completes but subsequent copies always time out until I reboot the NAS. I also use an Openfiler NAS connected to the same XenServers and the iSCSI targets on Openfiler always provide me with a constant 65 to 75MB/s. I have tried swapping the hardware between these two NAS’ and the result is the same.

Any Ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Marc

BTW - CIFS appears to be stable when copying to FreeNAS 8 :)

Tekkie

Patron
Without any details on your FN8 box its hard to say, please provide some details on CPU, RAM, HD config.

But to start search for 'ZFS guru' and check out the loader.conf settings regarding memory, sounds like you are having the same problems as I had until I did some manual memory house keeping as the full automatic would blow the memory.

Marc

Cadet
The first box is a is running an Athlon II Dual core with 16GB RAM. The drive is a WD Black 2TB SATA that is known good condition. The second box is running a Dual core Xeon 5100 with about 20GB RAM. This box is also running with a WD Black 2TB SATA drive. Both boxes are running Intel desktop Gigabit NIC's

Thanks for the tip about the loader.conf file - I will take a look later tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.