iSCSI LUNs not showing in Server 2012 R2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Sedory

Explorer
I have a two node hyperv cluster that I've been using for some time. I had to use another ZFS OS for a while, until the FreeNAS team switched over to CTL for iSCSI.

Anyway, a week or two ago, I went to add another target in iSCSI on FreeNAS. It wouldn't show right on the Server's Initiator side, so I reset the ctld service. After many restarts of both nodes and the SAN, one of my nodes cannot see the drives.

In the Server 2012 R2 iSCSI Initiator, under the given target->Devices it shows Disk -1 for the name of the device. I have MPIO setup of course, and when I add my second or third path that I have between the node and the SAN, it just adds Disk -1 again. From what I've read on MS forums, that's some kind of administrative device, but regardless, I've never seen it before. On the healthy node, the three LUNs I have presented all have three paths and non show Disk -1.

Note that the MPIO button is greyed out as well:
fn.jpg

Here's what my healthy node, "hvtop" looks like:
fn_healthy.png

FreeNAS does keep showing this warning:

Nov 21 00:28:22 san1 kernel: WARNING: 10.10.10.2 (iqn.2014-11.com.microsoft:hvbottom.chino.verticalcomputers.com): waiting for CTL to terminate tasks, 1 remaining

That warning repeats often, I think when I'm trying to add the target to the initiator on my problematic node "hvbottom".

Any help would be much appreciated.

Steven Sedory

Explorer
Does anyone know how I can force terminate the "1 remaining" task that CTL is complaining about?

mav@

iXsystems
iXsystems
Does anyone know how I can force terminate the "1 remaining" task that CTL is complaining about?

If it stops to complain after some time, then it terminates it by itself. That is not a problem by itself. Next builds should be less chatty.

Steven Sedory

Explorer
Okay, thank you.

I have been very unsuccessful with finding any information on this issue :/ Had anyone experienced this?

Steven Sedory

Explorer
Could me not having the "Enable multithreaded mode" option checked have anything to do with this?

Steven Sedory

Explorer
UPDATE: I posted a bug report and Josh said to update to 9.2.1.9 (I'm on 9.2.1.8) as he believes the issue has been resolved in that release. I'll let you all know after I update later today or tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.