is this write (speed)... right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiddenHand

Dabbler
So I finally got my rig working (I think), my CIFS shares are configured, and I started transferring. My speeds are very slow (I think), so I wanted to get some feedback... If this is normal great, if not please let me know so I can start trying to trouble shoot.

NAS (to)
Intel Celeron G1620 CPU
SuperMicro X9 MoBo
Kingston 1333mhz 16MB ECC RAM
WD Red 3TB HDD x2 (mirrored in SATA 6gb/s plugs)
PNY 8gb flash stick (running FreeNAS release 9.2.1.5)
Intel NIC

PC (from)
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
Gigabyte gaming MoBo (i dont remember which one)
Corsair 8gb DDR2 RAM
Hitachi GST 500GB HDD x2 (Windows 7)
Realtek NIC

Its only writing at 2.3 MB/Sec....
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sl80hxr5knmghiw/slowtransfer.JPG

Thanks in advance
-HiddenHand

HiddenHand

Dabbler
Here are my WebGUI reports.. its getting faster its up from about 2mb to a little over 3mb on the hourly averages... I also only have 1 Intel NIC wired up at the moment but I did not imagine that plays here even if i were getting 6MBs Id be here...
CPU Report
HDD Report
RAM Report
Network Report

gpsguy

Your performance is pathetic - there's room for improvement.

How are your devices connected to one another? Are all the components, NIC's, switch, cable gigabit ethernet?

My guess is that either have a bad cable in the mix or some of the components aren't capable of gigabit ethernet.

gpsguy

Replace the 10/100 NIC in your Windows computer with an Intel Pro/1000. An OEM version costs about $30 USD. If the router isn't gigabit capable, get a gigabit ethernet switch (under $50 USD). Move your computer and FreeNAS connections to it and then connect it to your router.

Knowltey

Patron
Also make sure when you are testing the transfer speed that you don't have a browser with an active flash plugin open (or better yet just close any browsers just to be sure) sine there is a current bug in the Flash plugin that slows data transfer rates to a crawl (around the speeds you're getting actually) be it over network or local connections.

HiddenHand

Dabbler
you guys are all over it.. I have not yet put an Intel NIC in the windows computer but I have seen write speeds jump up to about 20mbs and reads are as high as 80mbs that was watching 3 movies in 1080p in network. Now im just trying to get it working outside of network...

Status
Not open for further replies.