Is it possible to mount a dataset within SMB share path?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlB

Dabbler
I've got a pretty much one giant dataset hierarchy. My goal has been to have /mnt/vol0/ accessible in windows. However, this is being done by mounting SSH in windows.

Due to permission problems I have had, I didn't share my root, but a sub directory. /mnt/vol0/FreeNAS/windows_share

This is fine to some windows storage, but could I mount /mnt/vol0/ inside /mnt/vol0/FreeNAS/windows_share . Allowing my SMB share on windows to browse everything in Vol0?

CarlB

Dabbler
Thanks for the link, but I'm trying to avoid using windows permissions on the rest of my vol0, but have it accessible in windows. The video just told me how to setup what I already have.

My windows share and dataset is up and running properly already. The SMB share "windows_share" uses windows permissions and that works just fine. I can store backups from windows there, etc.

Currently with SSH I can use all of my vol0 (not just the shared dataset), touch iocage, jails, etc. Trying to determine if the same is possible by mounting vol0 inside the windows share.

Status
Not open for further replies.