IPFW and OpenVPN question

Status
Not open for further replies.

toyebox

Explorer
Hey all! Thanks in advance for the help! Here is an explanation of my setup.

-IPFW setup in a jail to start on startup. I have it block all traffic except for specific traffic to a VPN service. Once openVPN establishes a connection , it reimplements the IPFW with rules for the TUN device.

-I have a rule setup for allowing local traffic from my subnet in which allows me to access the jail while IPFW is online. I have another rule to allow a subnet that my home VPN server uses so when I VPN into my home network , I can connect(this part does not work )

-I have a couple pkgs running on this jail--Sabnzbd is one .

Basically, I can't access packages in my jail when the jail itself(which is connected to a VPN) when I connect to my home VPN(Which has a subnet of 10.0.9.0/24). But I can connect fine when I am on my home subnet(192.168.0.0/24)

Any ideas? If needed , I'll post my IPFW ruleset.

Ive had these types of issues in the past and couldnt get it working easily-- using a dissimilar IP from my home network, to get it to work perfectly, I instead started having OpenVPN server give out IPs in the same range. For instance, I have a home network of 192.168.1.0, and I configured OpenVPN to give out clients IPs in the 192.168.2.0 range. Different but same. See if things work better when you ditch the 10.0.9.0 network. You will also have to re write your ipfw rules, so account for this change.

Status
Not open for further replies.