IOCage Jails Missing after roll back to 11.2 U8

Thousandbuckle

Contributor
I successfully upgraded from FreeNAS 11.2 U8 to FreeNAS 11.3 but then quickly realized that the Warden Jails were not longer supported and could not get back to the Legacy Interface. So I rolled back to my working 11.2 U8 boot environment and all seemed fine until when I noticed the 2 iOCage jails I had previously running were no longer showing in the Jails page (see screen shot). My Warden jails are back for some reason all of my iOcage jails are just gone. If I hit the Add button to create a new iOcage jail I get the error text below.

I need your help in a bad way as my Plex server is running in the iOcage jail!!!!!

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 166, in call_method
result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1093, in call_method
return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1037, in _call
return await self._call_worker(name, *args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1058, in _call_worker
return await self.run_in_proc(main_worker, name, args, job)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 990, in run_in_proc
return await async_run_in_executor(loop, executor, method, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/utils/asyncio_.py", line 41, in async_run_in_executor
raise result
libzfs.ZFSException: ('Dataset with path not found',)

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 148
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 145

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I need your help in a bad way as my Plex server is running in the iOcage jail!!!!!
Do you still have the datasets on your pool under mnt/poolname/iocage/jails ?

If so, just make a copy of the jails' root dataset somewhere else and go through the iocage setup process again... either the jails will just be there or you then recreate them and copy over the root dataset with your backup.

Thousandbuckle

Contributor
Yes, the datasets for the iOCage are still visible in the Pool. The problem is after I restore back to 11.2 when I hit the add button I get the error message in my first post and I am unable to create any new iOCage jails in 11.2

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You need to select the pool from the settings in the top right first.

Thousandbuckle

Contributor
Hi Jailer, I am very green when it comes to this so could you help explain the steps needed in detail for me to run the conversion script you describe? I have read on the migration scripts but I get so much information of different things I am not sure which one to trust or do.

Sretalla, the pool is selected but still get the same error.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad

Thousandbuckle

Contributor
Hi Jailer, okay I am further confused, after reading the link you posted it sounds like you ended up with empty jails? You said "it's a rather moot point because the migration script creates empty jails that can't be upgraded and will have to be destroyed and recreated again at some point".

Thousandbuckle

Contributor
Hi Jailer, so I tried the migration script and this is what I get. Seems to be similar/same errors I see when I click the Add Button for a new iOcage jail when I am in boot environment 11.2

root@FractalXL:~ # migrate_warden.py -v -j radarrwget -p VolumeXL
-- Migrating: radarrwget --
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_cli/create.py", line 164, in cli
basejail=basejail, thickjail=thickjail, empty=empty)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 611, in create
clone=clone,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_create.py", line 87, in create_jail
return self._create_jail(jail_uuid, location)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_create.py", line 194, in _create_jail
config = self.create_config(jail_uuid, cloned_release)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_create.py", line 574, in create_config
jail_props = ioc_json.json_check_default_config()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_json.py", line 1924, in json_check_default_config
self.json_write(default_props, default_json_location)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_json.py", line 431, in json_write
if template else None
File "libzfs.pyx", line 645, in libzfs.ZFS.get_dataset_by_path
libzfs.ZFSException: Dataset with path not found

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/bin/iocage", line 10, in <module>
sys.exit(cli())
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 722, in __call__
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 697, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1066, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 895, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 535, in invoke
return callback(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_cli/create.py", line 184, in cli
"message": err
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 90, in logit
_callback(content, exception)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 64, in callback
raise callback_exception(message)
RuntimeError: Dataset with path not found
File "/usr/local/sbin/migrate_warden.py", line 442, in <module>
loop.run_until_complete(main(sys.argv[1:], loop))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 484, in run_until_complete
return future.result()
File "/usr/local/sbin/migrate_warden.py", line 432, in main
await Migrate(jail, _dir, iocage_pool, verbose, loop).migrate_jail()
File "/usr/local/sbin/migrate_warden.py", line 217, in migrate_jail
self.create_jail(props, iocroot)
File "/usr/local/sbin/migrate_warden.py", line 329, in create_jail
su.check_call(cmd, stdout=su.PIPE)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/subprocess.py", line 311, in check_call
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['iocage', 'create', '-n', 'radarrwget', '-e', 'notes=warden_id=14', 'allow_raw_sockets=1', 'vnet=on', 'ip4_addr=vnet0|192.168.86.33/24', 'ip6_addr=none', 'vnet0_mac=bab021bb6ea8,bab021bb6ea9', 'defaultrouter=none', 'defaultrouter6=none']' returned non-zero exit status 1.