IoCage fstab: Spaces in the path?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oguruma

Patron
I am trying to mount in an iocage fstab. The command:

iocage fstab -a your_plex_jail "/mnt/your_pool/your_plex_dataset /usr/local/plexdata/Plex Media Server" nullfs rw 0 0[/QUOTE]

Don't I need to account for spaces in some way shape or form in fstab entries?

My fstab entry, based on my specs is

Code:
iocage fstab -a plex "/mnt/MediaVolume/plexdata /usr/local/plexdata/Plex Media Server nullfs rw 0 0"

I get the error messsage

Code:
The destination's mountpoint exceeds 88 characters, this may cause failure!
Successfully added mount to plex's fstab
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/iocage", line 10, in <module>
	sys.exit(cli())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 722, in __call__
	return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 697, in main
	rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1066, in invoke
	return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 895, in invoke
	return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 535, in invoke
	return callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/cli/fstab.py", line 126, in cli
	add_path=add_path, header=header)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/iocage.py", line 1060, in fstab
	exit_on_error=self.exit_on_error)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/ioc_fstab.py", line 65, in __init__
	self.__fstab_parse__()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/ioc_fstab.py", line 75, in __fstab_parse__
	self.__fstab_mount__()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/ioc_fstab.py", line 165, in __fstab_mount__
	raise RuntimeError(f"{stderr_data.decode('utf-8')}")
RuntimeError: mount_nullfs: /mnt/MediaVolume/plexdata : No such file or directory

I tried mounting with %20 and \040 in those white spaces, but it mounts it exactly as it's entered.

adrianwi

Guru
I'd be interested the know the answer to this. I ended up changing the folders I was mounting on my pool, replacing the space with a _ :D

oguruma

Patron
I'd be interested the know the answer to this. I ended up changing the folders I was mounting on my pool, replacing the space with a _ :D

My issue is that I am trying to mount it ..../Plex Media Server, which is specific to the Plex software. I suppose I could mount it to Plex_Media_Software and then use a soft link, but I can't imagine there is no way to deal with white spaces in the fstab...

danb35

Hall of Famer
iocage fstab -a your_plex_jail "/mnt/your_pool/your_plex_dataset /usr/local/plexdata/Plex Media Server" nullfs rw 0 0
Your open quote is too early, making both the source and the destination appear as one (badly-malformed) path. It should look like this:
Code:
iocage fstab -a your_plex_jail /mnt/your_pool/your_plex_dataset "/usr/local/plexdata/Plex Media Server" nullfs rw 0 0

Note the quote before /usr/local, not before /mnt/your_pool.

adrianwi

Guru
I thought it needed " around the whole string following the jail_name like "/mnt...... 0 0", but good to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.