Intel Pro PT 1000 (HP NC360T) Dual Nic WOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddy01

Dabbler
Hi,

I've just installed the above in the PCIe x16 slot in my HP N54L Microserver, working fine for throughput and LACP etc. which was the primary aim (always liked Intel NIC's).

I had hoped that WOL would work as the onboard NIC (bge0) doesn't under FreeNas as yet (work in progress I believe). Unfortunately it doesn't.

ifconfig certainly shows WOL_MAGIC supported on both em1 and em0 however it doesn't wake when commanded. There have been several bugs raised and subsequently closed / resolved for this on similar intel NIC's following upgrade to 9.2.x.x

Can anyone shed any light on whether this is being looked at for a future release before I add a bug to the tracker?

I'm on latest release 9.2.1.5 (x64).

Not a big deal over all but would be nice to power it up without dangling over the back of the couch :)

Kind regards,

Paddy

cyberjock

Inactive Account
There's several threads in the forum on this topic and I believe there's a ticket or two. It's not a high priority for us because FreeNAS/TrueNAS is engineered with the expectation that it will be an always-on appliance. It does internal things at night, it runs scrubs and SMART tests etc. Some you can reschedule, some you can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.