Intel NIC driver issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmicks

Dabbler
i removed the previously configured interface, plugged in the other nic and rebooted the system. i didnt configure anything.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Why are you trying to set dhcp on an interface that is already configured for dhcp?

Set a static IP and move along

xmicks

Dabbler
i started this thread because i got the message "ng_ether_ifnet_arrival_event: can't re-name node epair0b" and always when i got that message my plugins wouldn't work. now i installed a plugin, got the same message but i can access my plugins. so maybe the fresh install helped solve this.

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
just did a fresh install and it seems that that didnt solved the issue.
The image file you downloaded and used to create your install media (USB flash drive or optical disk) may be corrupted.
You stated the you performed a fresh install, but if you booted the same installer media used in the first install, you did not start
from "scratch" as pirateghost recommended.
Choose only one NIC port and plug in your cable before the install.
Download a new image file and create another flash drive or optical disk and perform another install.

xmicks

Dabbler
i did a new install with another image file. my first install was 9.3 and the install i just did was 9.10. or isnt that what you meant? i think did use the same usb to load the image file to.

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
i did a new install with another image file. my first install was 9.3 and the install i just did was 9.10. or isnt that what you meant? i think did use the same usb to load the image file to.
Did you go to 9.10 to solve this connection issue, or was everything working on 9.3 and your issues began with 9.10?
If the issues started with 9.10 then I would recommend downloading a new file and making another bootable installer. And try a new (or different) flash drive.

xmicks

Dabbler
if i recall correctly the problems were in 9.3 and in 9.10 (i did a update). now i did a fresh install (from 9.10) to 9.10 and now i can access my plugins. and i also dont get the JSON message anymore.

when i did the update today i downloaded a new image file. when i did the update from 9.3 to 3.10 i did it through the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.