Intel Ethernet Controller I225-V Not being found on Truenas Scale

Inseigne

Cadet
Hi,

I am a new user of this software. I have added a new NIC to the system but I am not able to see and configure it.

I am running TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.1

The card shows up on the PCIE list
PCIE.PNG

But nothing on the config
ifconfig.PNG

I can also confirm it shows up in the bios.

What would I do next to get the NIC configured?

Thanks,

DeltaEntropy

Dabbler
I'm having the same issue. shows up under lspci but nothing under ifconfig.

The i225 NIC shows up in the BIOS.

Inseigne

Cadet
Hey Delta, I found it is likely a problem with the driver. I had a spare TP Link TG-3468 lying around and scale picked it up straight away (definitely failed on core) so I just use that I suppose til the driver is fixed. They only cost $20.

DeltaEntropy

Dabbler
Interesting.

I picked up the i225 because the prevailing opinion here is to go with intel NICs because they just work, and I though this would be pretty safe seeing as the i225 driver was added in 12.0-U8, NAS-114103.

I can't get the i225 to work on Core either. Read a bit about loading the driver for it ("kldload if_igc.ko") but if_igc.ko doesn't appear it be in /boot/kernel/ or /boot/modules/.

No idea how to go about getting it to work on Scale.

I was kinda forced to switch to Scale because the onboard RTL8125b (Realtek 2.5g LAN) wouldn't be picked up on Core. So got the i225 so I could go back to Core.
I've managed to get this to actually work on Core by manually loading the driver (kldload if_re.ko) and then setting the tunables for it in the Core GUI. This may work for your Realtek based TG-3468.

The irony is that a lot of people say to stay away from Realtek LANs...

Now to figure out how to report the bug.

chadilac

Dabbler
@DeltaEntropy were you ever successful at getting the i225 to work in CORE? I don't see the driver in my boot/kernel or boot/modules folders either.