SOLVED Installing phpMyAdmin

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdgenxr

Contributor
I've installed a FEMP stack following the article over at Digital Ocean and have everything working properly. Now I'd like to install phpMyAdmin on the same jail. However, when I follow the directions over at FreeBSD Made Easy, I run into errors on the installation. I'm not sure what's going on here but I've logged into the jail with SU privileges if that helps.

Code:
root@webserver:/usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin # make install
===>  Staging for phpMyAdmin-4.3.13
===>  phpMyAdmin-4.3.13 depends on file: /usr/local/include/php/main/php.h - found
===>  phpMyAdmin-4.3.13 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/php/20131226/ctype.so - not found
===>  Verifying install for /usr/local/lib/php/20131226/ctype.so in /usr/ports/textproc/php56-ctype
===>  php56-ctype-5.6.7 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/phpize - found
===>  php56-ctype-5.6.7 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/autoconf-2.69 - not found
===>  Verifying install for /usr/local/bin/autoconf-2.69 in /usr/ports/devel/autoconf
===>  autoconf-2.69 depends on executable: gm4 - found
===>  autoconf-2.69 depends on executable: help2man - found
===>  autoconf-2.69 depends on executable: gmake - not found
===>  Verifying install for gmake in /usr/ports/devel/gmake
===>  Patching for gmake-4.1_1
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for gmake-4.1_1
Ignoring previously applied (or reversed) patch.
1 out of 1 hunks ignored--saving rejects to doc/make.texi.rej
=> Patch patch-ab failed to apply cleanly.
*** [do-patch] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gmake.
*** [install] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gmake.
*** [build-depends] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/autoconf.
*** [build-depends] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/textproc/php56-ctype.
*** [run-depends] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin.
*** [install] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Did you update your jail before you tried to install it? The only time I've seen that error is when my jail wasn't up to date before I tried installing software.

sdgenxr

Contributor
I've run "portsnap fetch update" and get the same result. Is there another form of update I should do?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Try pkg upgrade. "portsnap fetch update" doesn't upgrade any installed software, only the ports tree. For that matter, you could probably do "pkg install phpmyadmin" and manage fine without the ports hassle.

sdgenxr

Contributor
Same result.

sdgenxr

Contributor
Installing via "pkg install phpmyadmin" seemed to do the trick. Now I just need to figure out how to configure it to work with nginx. Any suggestions?

sdgenxr

Contributor
Ok, I've finally installed and have phpMyAdmin up and running. Question for the community, I currently have an nginx and MySQL db running in a jail and have the default homepage set to the phpMyAdmin directory. Considering that I don't intend nor do I believe I have the jail facing out, is this a safe installation?

danb35

Hall of Famer
If your jail isn't accessible to the outside world (which would be a function of your router/firewall configuration, not of FreeNAS), then any security vulnerability would be limited to whoever has access to your LAN. How safe that is, is something only you can determine.

sdgenxr

Contributor
That's what I was thinking. There are no ports forwarded to that particular jail.

Thanks again to all the amazing help here!

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Unless you have a specific need for installing from ports stick to using packages. Also run the following command when you create a new jail and periodically to keep the jails up to date.

Code:
pkg update && pkg upgrade

sdgenxr

Contributor
Good to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.