Install realtek rtl8139D network card on truenas scale

wesiofilhoTI

Cadet
Essa placa de rede mas antiga é precisa de drivers, tenho tentado ela os métodos Linux precisos, mas não deu certo, então de ajuda.

This network card, but it's old, needs to install the drivers, I've been trying it normal Linux methods but it didn't work, so I need help.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Essa placa de rede mas antiga é precisa de drivers, tenho tentado ela os métodos Linux precisos, mas não deu certo, então de ajuda.

This network card, but it's old, needs to install the drivers, I've been trying it normal Linux methods but it didn't work, so I need help.

Greetings -

Welcome to these forums.

Please note that the main forums are English language, and you are expected to post in English here. We have a section for International discussion that includes a Portugese section, and you may post in Portugese there. Supporting multiple languages in the main forums is untenable. If you do not speak English natively, please know that we're fine with machine-translated messages from services such as Google Translate. These don't always work well, but we will still definitely try to help you!

TrueNAS is not a generic Linux operating system and you are not expected to be able to install drivers. A number of tools that might be required to "install drivers" are not included in TrueNAS, as it is an appliance operating system. Trying to force the installation of drivers may cause various problems, including failure to reboot successfully, or failure to update successfully at the next firmware release. You should instead remove the Realtek ethernet, if possible, and replace it with a supported card. A frequently recommended card is the Intel Desktop CT ethernet card.