Instalar openvpn

Status
Not open for further replies.

albafire

Cadet
Hola, me podíais indicar algún manual o alguna manera para instalar el openvpn ??
He estado buscando información y no he encontrado mucho. En la página de openvpn hay unas instrucciones de como instalarlo pero no me aclaro mucho

Muchas gracias por vuestra ayuda !!!!

Gonzalo

Patron

zoomzoom

Guru
While the above linked to posts can get an OpenVPN server up and running in a jail, if you want to get the most out of the OpenVPN server and have it running efficiently, see this wiki I wrote for OpenWrt. It includes tuning instructions and a fully fleshed out openvpn config for the server and clients.
  • Obviously ignore the OpenWrt specific information, like interface creation.
Also, please do not post a question in @robles' thread, as he no longer maintains the thread, and the thread is full of the blind leading the blind.

albafire

Cadet
Muchas gracias por vuestra ayuda. He estado mirando los manuales que me indicáis y me parece que son bastante complicados para un novato como yo :):).
Tengo ya configurado emby, plex (aunque lo tengo desactivado por que me gusta mas emby), transmission y owncloud. El acceso a owncloud lo tuve un tiempo para acceder desde fuera de mi red con un Dynamic DNS pero lo tuve que quitar porque tenia continuamente mensajes de intentos de accesos no autorizados.

Entonces lo que quería era poder tener acceso desde fuera de mi red al freenas de forma segura y había pensado probar con openvpn.

Muchas gracias de nuevo por vuestra ayuda !!!

Gonzalo

Patron
Hola,

Parece más complicado de lo que realmente es. No dejes de intentarlo... ¿qué es lo peor que puede pasar? que tengas que borrar la Jail y volver a empezar. Te aseguro que es la mejor forma de aprender :);).

Saludos!

zoomzoom

Guru
@albafire There are plenty of guides on how to setup an OpenVPN server in a FreeBSD jail, and I would recommend using your search engine of choice to find a guide that is simple and easy to follow. Unfortunately, 99% of guides you will find will address the absolute bare minimum, and is why I always highly recommend, for anyone looking to set up an OpenVPN server, to read my OpenWrt OpenVPN Server Wiki.

All that needs to be done, specific to FreeBSD is:
  • OpenVPN-openssl server package, and any dependent packages, installed
  • Tunnel Interface creation [tun0]
  • Firewall & routing rules
  • Everything else can be taken from my OpenWrt wiki
Since your intention is remote access from WAN, please ensure you configure OpenVPN in a chroot (i.e. /var/chroot-openvpn, will be ~11MByte in size), otherwise one risks the security of the VPN and the system it's configured on. There are multiple guides on how to configure an OpenVPN server chroot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.