Incorrect TXT record when creating SSL certificate

GeorgeRG

Cadet
Hello everyone,
I am kinda new to the whole TrueNAS thing so bear with me, I might be missing something really simple.
I am trying to get an SSL certificate to use on traefik. I followed every guide I could possibly find and all of them recommended Cloudflare so I went ahead and created an account. Everything works fine with the setup until the time comes to actually create the certificate. I press the button, wait a bit and a big fat error pops up saying that the TXT record found was incorrect.
1677720881027.png

Reading throw the error I figured that the record was actually missing completely. I could only think of 2 possible problems:
  • The port forwarding on the router
  • The DNS records for the domain
I checked both of them but everything seems fine. There is nothing else I can think of so i reach out to you.

Thank you in advance.

Below you can find the whole error:

Code:
 Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/acme_protocol_/issue_cert.py", line 101, in issue_certificate
    return acme_client.poll_and_finalize(
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/acme/client.py", line 710, in poll_and_finalize
    orderr = self.poll_authorizations(orderr, deadline)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/acme/client.py", line 734, in poll_authorizations
    raise errors.ValidationError(failed)
acme.errors.ValidationError

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 426, in run
    await self.future
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 461, in __run_body
    rv = await self.method(*([self] + args))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1152, in nf
    res = await f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1284, in nf
    return await func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/crypto_/certificates.py", line 318, in do_create
    await self.middleware.call(f'certificate.{self.map_functions[create_type]}', job, data)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1306, in call
    return await self._call(
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1266, in _call
    return await self.run_in_executor(prepared_call.executor, methodobj, *prepared_call.args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1169, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1288, in nf
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/crypto_/certificates.py", line 368, in create_acme_certificate
    final_order = self.middleware.call_sync('acme.issue_certificate', job, 25, data, csr_data)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1336, in call_sync
    return methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/acme_protocol_/issue_cert.py", line 117, in issue_certificate
    raise CallError(f'Certificate request for final order failed: {msg}')
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Certificate request for final order failed:
Authorization for identifier Identifier(typ=IdentifierType(dns), value='nikcloudpi.duckdns.org') failed.
Here are the challenges that were not fulfilled:
Challenge Type: dns-01

Error information:
- Type: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:unauthorized
- Details: Incorrect TXT record "" found at _acme-challenge.nikcloudpi.duckdns.org

Authorization for identifier Identifier(typ=IdentifierType(dns), value='nikcloudpi.duckdns.org') failed.
Here are the challenges that were not fulfilled:
Challenge Type: dns-01

Error information:
- Type: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:unauthorized
- Details: Incorrect TXT record "" found at _acme-challenge.nikcloudpi.duckdns.org