Incorrect error message?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Clarke

Dabbler
I upgraded my FreeNAS system yesterday from 9.10 to 11 by doing a clean install from the ISO to a new flash drive. The method used was System->General->Save Config on the 9.10 system, install 11-U4 onto a new drive and then System->General->Upload Config. Seems to have worked fine. The message at 9:31PM is confusing. I did NOT apply a 9.10 update to the 11-U04 system. Any guess about what's wrong and how do I get rid of the error/warning message?

• WARNING: Oct. 4, 2017, 9:31 p.m. - Update: FreeNAS-9.10.2-U6 has already been applied. Please reboot the system to activate this update.
  • WARNING: Oct. 4, 2017, 9:02 p.m. - New feature flags are available for volume volume1. Refer to the "Upgrading a ZFS Pool" section of the User Guide for instructions.
I know that I can ignore the 9:02 message since I don't care about the new features. I have the original flash drive available to boot from if necessary.

D

dlavigne

Your old config was still on the 9.x train. Now that you're on 11, you can switch to the 11-STABLE train in System -> Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.