Impossible to back up on a CIFS sharing from Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi.

I am attaching the log cut in 5 pieces. Please, rename them to log.zip.001 to log.zip.005 to extract the original log.smdb.

I noticed, from the user side, that it is slightly more stable: the transfer seems to be aborted later than before. But, maybe at low level, the change is not so significant.

I will try this tonight.

Thanks!
One other thing to try is plugging in your phone or turning off "battery saver" mode when doing the backup. It might be android is doing something stupid to try to conserve battery power.

Your smb4.conf shows you wrote "aio write size = 1m". As a diagnostic step I suggested "aio write size = 1" (use aio for all writes greater than 1 Byte -- i.e. all writes).

Last edited:

darioml

Dabbler
One other thing to try is plugging in your phone or turning off "battery saver" mode when doing the backup. It might be android is doing something stupid to try to conserve battery power.

Your smb4.conf shows you wrote "aio write size = 1m". As a diagnostic step I suggested "aio write size = 1" (use aio for all writes greater than 1 Byte -- i.e. all writes).

Sorry for the "m". I missed it. Here is the log for "aio write size = 1". It is still bad. It get stalled and stops.

Attachments

• log.zip
    114.4 KB · Views: 215
  • smb4.zip
    1 KB · Views: 224

darioml

Dabbler
That NIC will do fine.
If this doesn't help with the backup task, try removing the "streams_xattr" vfs object. I'd make sure the app is entirely stopped between each modification so that you don't end up with a stale session mucking things up.

And, this is the log (last part) after removing "streams_xattr". I had still the "aio write size = 1" set. It performs better, I think, although it stops...

Also, the higher the debug is, the more robust the transfer seems to be. The problem must be in the flow control both the client and server do...

Would it be useful to give you a WireShark recording both uploading to the FreeNAS and to a sharing in a Windows 7?

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• log.zip
    924.7 KB · Views: 239
  • smb4.zip
    1 KB · Views: 257
Status
Not open for further replies.