SOLVED Importing ZFS Volume w/9.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wirefree

Dabbler
Hi, I am new to the forum, but have been using FreeNAS for some time. However, my level of expertise is just a passionate amateur so I am generally only working with the GUI. My system is purpose built for FreeNAS with 16GB ECC ram, Xeon E3-1231, and 4 X 3TB WD Red drives. I had been running as a stripped mirrors for 6GB usable. Everything running well. I upgraded from 9.2 to 9.3 and everything was working. I then allowed the automatic update to install new packages and I had an error on reboot and the system wouldn't come up. I was able to see the console, so I chose to reset to factory defaults. I thought I would then re-import my ZFS pool and be back on track.

After the reset, the system came back up. I went to re-import, but on step 2 where it wants you to choose a volume, there were no entries. There is a moment of panic for you. So I opened a shell and:

Code:
[root@freenas ~]# zpool status                                                                                                     
  pool: UberServer                                                                                                                 
state: ONLINE                                                                                                                     
  scan: scrub repaired 0 in 5h0m with 0 errors on Wed Dec 10 23:52:50 2014                                                         
config:                                                                                                                            

NAME                                            STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM                                                 
        UberServer                                      ONLINE       0     0     0                                                 
          mirror-0                                      ONLINE       0     0     0                                                 
            gptid/f158eea0-406b-11e4-a325-d050992dfb58  ONLINE       0     0     0                                                 
            gptid/f1aec485-406b-11e4-a325-d050992dfb58  ONLINE       0     0     0                                                 
          mirror-1                                      ONLINE       0     0     0                                                 
            gptid/f1ffc4cd-406b-11e4-a325-d050992dfb58  ONLINE       0     0     0                                                 
            gptid/f25565fe-406b-11e4-a325-d050992dfb58  ONLINE       0     0     0                                                 

errors: No known data errors                                                                                                       

pool: freenas-boot                                                                                                               
state: ONLINE                                                                                                                     
  scan: none requested                                                                                                             
config:                                                                                                                            

NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM                                                                                     
        freenas-boot  ONLINE       0     0     0                                                                                   
          da0p2     ONLINE       0     0     0                                                                                     

errors: No known data errors         

UberServer is my previous volume. So it appears that it is still on my disks and healthy, but FreeNAS doesn't seem to recognize. Is there a way to manually force it to import?

Sorry, I know this is likely a dumb move on my part, I should have tried something else before doing a reset. However, I have imported volumes before without issue.

Thanks for your help.

R

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Does a reboot help?

Wirefree

Dabbler
As a matter of fact, it did. Sorry I didn't try that earlier. Everything is there and healthy, which is why I wanted to use FreeNAS/ZFS in the first place.

Thanks for the quick suggestion.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.