Import or Access to Pools over another system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose Diaz

Cadet
Hi guys good morning.

Before all excuse my english, it is not good enough, well i just have 3 question to do, i hope you can aswer me because they make me confused, well.

1.- I was trying to see if can access to a zfs pool under linux via zfs-fuse or ubuntu-zfs (i think they are the same thing) with no results, the test show me a particular error "com.delphix_hole bith" that feature was not supported under linux (i guess not yet), but the real question is can i access my pool whit another SO like OpenSolaris, Nas4Free, etc (not sure but i think they are Solaris based systems)

2.- My system is Freenas 9.2.1.5 and when i execute "zpool upgrade -v" show that my version of pool is "-". I have read some articles and let me know i was running v5000 pool version, the question is can i migrate mi pool to a older version of Freenas like 8.x?

3.- How do i create a pool version 28, i read that version of pools can be migrated and access now for zfs-fuse in linux.

Thanks for read my post.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
1. We are not related to other ZFS implementations like OpenSolaris, NAS4Free, etc. but AFAIK FreeNAS' feature flags are not available anywhere else at the present time.
2. You can only run a given pool version on another OS that supports that version of ZFS or higher and supports the enabled/active feature flags for your OS. V5000 is exclusivel to FreeNAS and FreeBSD 9.
3. The only way to create a pool that is v28 in FreeNAS is to create the pool with something like 8.3.2. Any other way (such as the CLI) is not supported and comes with risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.