Ill boding noise after update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceetan

Contributor
I recently updated my server, which soon turns 1 year old, to the most recent stable release. Since then I have been having some issues. The reboot after update did not go as planned and instead of booting normally, the server started emitting noises along the lines of (....___ ....___ )*. Eventually, I had to reboot it via IPM after powering it down via IPMI. It worked for a while, but when I wanted to use it today I could not log in or access any shares: I had to reboot via IPMI again, and now it is working, but it certainly doesn't feel stable. Any input on what might be going on would be appreciated.

(Edited 2017-11-12)

Last edited:

Ceetan

Contributor
My System

FreeNAS-11.0-U4
MOBO: Supermicro X11SSL-CF with
CPU: Intel Core i3-6100
RAM 2*16GB Crucial DDR4 ECC 2133MHz (CT2K16G4WFD8213)
8* WD Red WD40EFRX 64MB 4TB in RAIDZ2
BOOT: 90GB Corsair SSD
CASE: Fractal design node 804
PSU:EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
UPS: APC BE700G-GR,

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Is that four short beeps, silence, four more? That's generally memory.

My X11SSM-F gets a ton of memory errors when it's being reset, about 30-50% of the time - presumably a firmware bug in the IMC initialization. It's rock solid otherwise.

Try updating your BIOS to the latest version.

Ceetan

Contributor
Is that four short beeps, silence, four more? That's generally memory.

My X11SSM-F gets a ton of memory errors when it's being reset, about 30-50% of the time - presumably a firmware bug in the IMC initialization. It's rock solid otherwise.

Try updating your BIOS to the latest version.
That is interesting to hear, and a bios update might be a good idea regardless. However , I did not describe a the sound properly. What i meant to say is "four short beeps, then a longer one, on repeat". My graphical representation also has the longer one seeming much longer in relation to the short ones then I remember it. I'll edit the post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.