How to proper upgrade to latest sickchill on 9.10

zimon

Contributor
I set up my freenas years ago with several jails including a jail where sickrage was running.

Code:
 jls
   JID  IP Address      Hostname                      Path
     1  -               couchpotato_1                 /mnt/ZFSPool/jails_2/couchpotato_1
     2  -               plexmediaserver_1             /mnt/ZFSPool/jails_2/plexmediaserver_1
     3  -               resilio_1                     /mnt/ZFSPool/jails_2/resilio_1
     4  -               sickrage_1                    /mnt/ZFSPool/jails_2/sickrage_1
     5  -               transmission_1                /mnt/ZFSPool/jails_2/transmission_1

Some years ago I switch from sickrage to sickchill basically by cloning the sickchill repo and it run for several years.

Now I tried to update sickchill and this broke it:

Code:
root@sickrage_1:/var/log # service sickrage start
Starting sickrage.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/SickBeard.py", line 67, in <module>
    import sickbeard
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/__init__.py", line 41, in <module>
    import sickchill
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickchill/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from sickchill.init_helpers import maybe_daemonize
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickchill/init_helpers.py", line 20
    pid_file: Path = None
            ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sickrage: WARNING: failed to start sickrage

So since there are some references to sickbeard or sickrage I think the best way is to do a "fresh" install of sickchill but after some googling it seems that I am a bit over my head ;)

It looks like that the new sickchill version needs python 3.xxx

So after some googling I was wondering if this makes sense:
1. install python 3.xxx in my jail
2. pip install sickchill
3. edit the `usr/local/etc/rc.d/sickrage` file to use `sickchill`

Will this work or am I missing something?

Last edited:

sretalla