SOLVED How to change timezone

3JL

Cadet
Dear all,
For some reason my (recently new) FreeNAS install thinks it is in the PDT timezone. How can I change this? I have tried the below, but without success.
Thanks, Jasper

Code:
# cp /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Amsterdam /etc/localtime

3JL

Cadet
I will go and sit in a corner for the rest of the afternoon, being ashamed of myself...

I am very sorry; completely overlooked it :s

Bonjour, je creuse un peu le sujet, j'ai bien ajusté mon fuseau horaire, mais cela ne correspond pas à l'heure réelle quoi faire.

Redcoat

MVP
Hello, I dig up the subject a little, I adjusted my time zone well, but this does not correspond to the real time what to do .
How far off is it - 1 hour fast or slow? Or what, if not?
Are you located close to the edge of the time zone you have entered?

How far off is it - 1 hour fast or slow? Or what, if not?
Are you located close to the edge of the time zone you have entered?
In fact, when it’s 8pm IRL, it’s 11am on my NAS, I’m from France, so I put Europe/Paris on my time zone.

Redcoat

MVP
so I put Europe/Paris on my time zone.
And then hit SAVE...

Sounds like you are still on Los Angeles, California time which is the default on installation.

And then hit SAVE...

Sounds like you are still on Los Angeles, California time which is the default on installation.
Still, I know that the French are not very smart but still:p I thought about pressing save, it’s really too weird....

And then hit SAVE...

Thanks for your answers, I realized that it was the time zone of my machine that was set to America, thank you very much:)

Redcoat

MVP