How do you remove ACL permissions

NasKar

Guru
I need to reset the permissions on a folder with multiple subdirectories and files. The permission type is windows and I want to restore everything to the standard Unix permission before I adjusted things.
I've tried setfacl -bn directory/
It removes the + from drwxrwxr-x+ but doesn't fix the subdirectories. Thanks.

SavageAUS

Patron
I need to reset the permissions on a folder with multiple subdirectories and files. The permission type is windows and I want to restore everything to the standard Unix permission before I adjusted things.
I've tried setfacl -bn directory/
It removes the + from drwxrwxr-x+ but doesn't fix the subdirectories. Thanks.
You would need to do recursive -R

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

NasKar

Guru
You would need to do recursive -R

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The -R option doesn't exist in freenas/freebsd it does in Linux.

NasKar

Guru

carleycr

Patron
NasKar, I'm curious to know why you wanted to change the permissions. Reason I ask, is I'm having difficulties getting plex to read a folder in a dataset that has windows permissions and I'm pretty sure it's permissions related. I'm not getting much traction on other posts I've made and i think think this might help.

NasKar

Guru
NasKar, I'm curious to know why you wanted to change the permissions. Reason I ask, is I'm having difficulties getting plex to read a folder in a dataset that has windows permissions and I'm pretty sure it's permissions related. I'm not getting much traction on other posts I've made and i think think this might help.
When I changed to windows permissions and blocked a user from seeing the directory I got permission errors in sabnzdb trying to write to the directory even though the owner:user was media:media and sanzdb has media as its user. Clearing the acl fixed it.

ify

Dabbler
When I changed to windows permissions and blocked a user from seeing the directory I got permission errors in sabnzdb trying to write to the directory even though the owner:user was media:media and sanzdb has media as its user. Clearing the acl fixed it.

I need held doing the same thing, do u have the exact steps you took to remove the acls?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 11.18.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 11.18.04 AM.png
    90.9 KB · Views: 2,219

NasKar

Guru

NasKar

Guru
thank you in advance i just need help on how to type it in
Here is what I do. You can enable SSH in the services tab of the GUI and use a program like putty in windows (ssh Client) to enter commands in the CLI.
Check out the docs for freenas, click on the user guide link at the top of this page.

KevDog

Patron
Sorry to necrobump this thread however following command didn't work for me:

Code:
find directory/ | setfacl -b

however a variation of this did: https://docs.j7k6.org/freenas-remove-acls-recursively/

Code:
find . -type d -print -exec setfacl -b {} \;
find . -type f -print -exec setfacl -b {} \;

Halcy0n

Cadet
just wanted to point out for anyone else with this issue.
i was able to do this with the following command.
setfacl -bnR Directory/
this is on TrueNas SCALE

Appelzaadje

Cadet
I'm having the same problem with my FreeNAS-11.3-U5
Windows somehow changed some permissions on my folder structure
Now some main folders have ACL in the structure showing and I can't move cut or delete any of the files/folders
I've tried the setfacl -b and setfacl -bnR which didn't work
also, i cant set the permissions through windows since it only does it one folder/file at a time it doesn't do it recursive through the folder structure
anyone any clues I don't really wanna do it file by file

thanks in advance

Appelzaadje

Cadet
sorry but I'm not that familiar with the os it was working fine for a long time and I haven't touched it in shell since the initial setup.
Currently, I have no pending updates in FreeNAS.

Appelzaadje

Cadet
Ive tryed this after an upgrade to truenas and still cant delete or edit folders
no user in my windows machines has anny permisions to the folders
Untitled.png