How do I use two SMB shares on Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

systemrunner

Dabbler
I have two users account in two groups
I have two shares
I have two volumes

I'd like to access both of these volumes with two separate accounts in separate groups at the same time.

How?

systemrunner

Dabbler
So what are my choices if I have one volume for something like Plex and one volume for regular storage

systemrunner

Dabbler
This is the equivalent of asking somebody "how do I get from Minnesota to California" and you tell them "use a car". This is not helpful and not an answer to my question

scrappy

Patron
Groups is the correct answer to your question. m0nkey_ knows what he is talking about. Your users need to be part of the same share group permissions.

Nobody is going to drive the car or make a whole map with turn-by-turn directions to California for you. At least not for free. Learn to read the road signs and show gratitude to those trying to point you in the right direction along the way.

m0nkey_

MVP
This is the equivalent of asking somebody "how do I get from Minnesota to California" and you tell them "use a car". This is not helpful and not an answer to my question
Sir, I provided you the community with a complete video tutorial. How is that not an answer to your question?

systemrunner

Dabbler
No, it's not correct answer. Assigning two different users with different passwords to the same group will give them access to both volumes which is not what I want

Also, your analogy with the car example is wrong and flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.