How do I diagnose what is going on within a report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick779

Contributor
I just had a few questions regarding my test machine. (Building a legit Supermicro/ecc machine shortly.) I had a brief experience with Linux years ago, but most of that is pretty fuzzy.

Im looking at the reports tab under memory just seeing how 4GB behaves, and to see if I can tell how much Plex is using at idle and while streaming.

upload_2014-12-24_11-7-14.png

Im looking at this spike boxed above and im just not sure where to start to see what happened there.
Cpu shows a similar spike.

No scrubs were scheduled, no other scheduled tasks were set to go off.

It looks like it was doing something with the OS flash drive?
upload_2014-12-24_11-22-3.png

Second question:
Is there a way to schedule a backup for the entire (used portion) of the pool to an external USB drive that could be formatted in a way that windows would recognize it and read from it?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You can't. There is no particularly good way to identify what Plex is using because you have the entire jail framework to deal with also, along with ZFS deciding that it needs to cache stuff Plex is accessing.

nick779

Contributor
Question: Ive seen posts where people can bring up what looks like the "top" command but it shows exactly what command and arguments the command is running. I havent been able to figure out what command that is though. Can anyone chime in on that? I have a process that will just start pegging the cpu and would like to see what it is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.