How access file on my QNAP from PLEX plugin on FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Milyard

Patron
I have a QNAP NAS that has all my music and photos stored on it. How can I add folder from this NAS to PLEX inside FreeNAS?

I can see my Movies and TV Show folders that are on the FreeNAS box.

adrianwi

Guru
You'd need to create a mount to the QNAP from within the Plex jail, which I'm sure is possible but not from the FreeNAS GUI.

Can you not move your music and photos onto your FreeNAS box?

Ray Milyard

Patron
You'd need to create a mount to the QNAP from within the Plex jail, which I'm sure is possible but not from the FreeNAS GUI.

Can you not move your music and photos onto your FreeNAS box?

Thanks for info. Not sure how create mount inside jail. Not very FreeBSD knowledgeable.

I rather not move the files.

adrianwi

Guru

Ray Milyard

Patron
Well using this:

mount_smbfs -I 10.0.1.200 -W mshome "//admin@10.0.1.200/Multimedia" /mnt/qnap

After making a dir in mnt named qnap is seems to have worked. However now since plex is in a jail I still don't see the share,
When try command inside jail I get error:

mount_smbfs: can not setup kernel iconv table (ISO8859-1:tolower): syserr = Operation not permitted

danb35

Hall of Famer
However now since plex is in a jail I still don't see the share,
You should now be able to add storage to the jail through the GUI. The Source would be /mnt/qnap, and the destination would be wherever in the Plex jail you want it to appear (probably somewhere in /media).

Ray Milyard

Patron
You should now be able to add storage to the jail through the GUI. The Source would be /mnt/qnap, and the destination would be wherever in the Plex jail you want it to appear (probably somewhere in /media).

Tried that. Doesn't see the sub folders in Plex. Does at command line.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Status
Not open for further replies.