Hilfe bei der Übersetzung FAQ? / Any volunteers to help translate the FAQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProtoSD

MVP
Gibt es jemand hier, die gerne ehrenamtlich zu helfen übersetzen die FAQ der deutschen würde?

Sorry I don't speak/write German, so I had to use Google Translate.

Is there anyone here that would like volunteer to help translate the FAQ to German?

Is it ok in English for everyone, or would it be better if it was translated?

Here is the link, send me a PM if you want to help.

FreeNAS FAQ

Vielen Dank,

Guten Tag :)

Fussel1979

Cadet
Hi Protosd,

I'm a quite new member of this forum, but used to read here for the past weeks (not only the german topics).

Since I'm about to build my own NAS with FreeNAS as OS, I'm really interested in this topic.

If I could be of any assistance, and if you really think a german translation would be necessary, just drop me a line along with further instructions on how to do it.

In usual I myself prefer english written documentation instead of localized, because localized documentation that has been translated from english to german is very complicated to read.

Best,
Markus

ProtoSD

MVP
Hi Markus,

Thank you for your offer, I just had another member @Christian_Zartl finish translating the FAQ. There are always updates and additions, so I may contact you later if that's ok. I've visited Germany, so I understand most German's know English, but sometimes the explanation is better understood in your native language. I use Google Translate quite often to read the foreign language posts and it works good for most translations, except for some German words ;) If you have any suggestions for the FAQ or anything, please don't be afraid to mention it.

-- Proto

Fussel1979

Cadet
Sure, just come back to me, if you need any further assistance on translations.

Sometimes it's a better idea to rewrite a documentation in german language than translate it from english to german :)

Status
Not open for further replies.