HELP!! Play Station 3 Server on Freenas

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt fang

Dabbler
Hello friends,

I will be really appreciate if anyone can help me solve the issue :)

I want to compile a package called ps3netsrv, the project is https://github.com/dirkvdb/ps3netsrv--

As you can see it provide compile way under Linux ...

How can I achieve under Freenas Jail?

i tryied:

git clone --recursive git://github.com/dirkvdb/ps3netsrv--.git
git submodule update --init
make

error is:
"Makefile", line 6: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 8: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

I then install gmake by pkg_add -r gmake and try agin

Error is:

clang++ -c -O3 -I./utils/inc -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DCONSOLE_SUPPORTS_COLOR -Wall -std=c++11 -Wfatal-errors -stdlib=libc++ ps3netsrv.cpp -o ps3netsrv.o
ps3netsrv.cpp:7:10: fatal error: 'array' file not found
#include <array>
^
1 error generated.
gmake: *** [ps3netsrv.o] Error 1

Great thanks to the friends who can solve this for me :) it will be very helpful for Play Station 3....

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You'd have to port it over from Linux or OS X. FreeNAS is FreeBSD which is not Linux.

matt fang

Dabbler
You'd have to port it over from Linux or OS X. FreeNAS is FreeBSD which is not Linux.

Hi Man,

could you please help give me some more instructions how to do it you suggest? It looks like not very difficult but I don't have any thinking :)

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Hi Man,

could you please help give me some more instructions how to do it you suggest? It looks like not very difficult but I don't have any thinking :)

If you have no programming experience whatsoever, this is not something you can do with a tutorial, unless (very unlikely) the code is platform-agnostic enough to be a compilation away.

The errors you got suggest this is not the case.

matt fang

Dabbler
If you have no programming experience whatsoever, this is not something you can do with a tutorial, unless (very unlikely) the code is platform-agnostic enough to be a compilation away.

The errors you got suggest this is not the case.

Hey man,

OK... I see... But I do believe ps3netsrv is really a key application for Play Station users... and I'd like to spend more time on this to make it available under freenas.... possible to point out how to start it ? source code is there,,,, just a compile issue.... - -~

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Hey man,

OK... I see... But I do believe ps3netsrv is really a key application for Play Station users... and I'd like to spend more time on this to make it available under freenas.... possible to point out how to start it ? source code is there,,,, just a compile issue.... - -~
Source code for Linux is there. Source code for freebsd isn't....

matt fang

Dabbler
Source code for Linux is there. Source code for freebsd isn't....

Hello man,

but, it looks like a C++ source code, looks like C++ code is platform-indenpent? so if we make little change, and we can compile it on freebsd?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Hello man,

but, it looks like a C++ source code, looks like C++ code is platform-indenpent? so if we make little change, and we can compile it on freebsd?
How much programming experience do you have?

matt fang

Dabbler
How much programming experience do you have?

very little progamming experience, - -! but since the source code is there,,, searcing some topic on google, have some clue,,, using something like clang to do it? do you have any idea?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
very little progamming experience, - -! but since the source code is there,,, searcing some topic on google, have some clue,,, using something like clang to do it? do you have any idea?
Give it a shot. Make it a plug-in

matt fang

Dabbler
Give it a shot. Make it a plug-in

uh,,,, yeah,,, it can be a good idea,,, need to spend more time on this, it is weird,,,,there are a lot topics on Sysnlog or other nas system to successfully compile it but doesn't find any thread to make it availiable under freenas,,, - -~

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
uh,,,, yeah,,, it can be a good idea,,, need to spend more time on this, it is weird,,,,there are a lot topics on Sysnlog or other nas system to successfully compile it but doesn't find any thread to make it availiable under freenas,,, - -~
Lol. Because those other NAS devices are Linux based

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Moving to off-topic as that seems more appropriate for this type of question...

Why don't you just create a virtual machine and install linux in there?

Scharbag

Guru
Why don't you just create a virtual machine and install linux in there?

I second that motion! Use the VirtualBox jail, install whatever flavour of linux you like and away you go.

Cheers,

Pandor

Cadet
i've just joined to say it saddens me to see these kind of unconstructive replies to a perfectly valid question.
I was in the same boat as the OP, looking for a way to get ps3netsrv on freenas.

I first went with the original code @ https://github.com/aldostools/ps3netsvr, replacing off64_t with off_t (as off64_t is not supported by freebsd), but it suffered mayor performance issues. (streaming lags)
So then I decided to try https://github.com/dirkvdb/ps3netsrv--

First af all, this github serves perfectly valid independant *nix code, so this compiles on linux as well as freebsd. (I just did).
The makefile even calls clang++, which is favored in Freebsd. The only problem here is that the Makefiles defines the c++11 std which is provided by libc++ on freebsd.
Base Freebsd <10 do not come with libc++.
install libc++ and point clang++ and the linker in the right direction, and it will compile just fine.

sources:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2008-October/183455.html
https://wiki.freebsd.org/NewC++Stack
https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/37017/
google.com

Last edited:

Yatti420

Wizard
As a side note you can use minidlna to server a upnp server to the PS3..

Pandor

Cadet
I can confirm that on a FreeNAS 9.10 jail, ps3netsrv++ compiles right out-of-the-box.
As FreeBSD 10 is fully c++11 compliant. 9.3 did not come standard with libc++ .

steps:
Code:
# pkg install gmake
# git clone --recursive git://github.com/dirkvdb/ps3netsrv--.git
# cd ps3netsrv--
# gmake

output:
Code:
clang++ -c -O3 -I./utils/inc -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DCONSOLE_SUPPORTS_COLOR -Wall -std=c++11 -Wfatal-errors -stdlib=libc++ ps3netsrv.cpp -o ps3netsrv.o
clang++ -c -O3 -I./utils/inc -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DCONSOLE_SUPPORTS_COLOR -Wall -std=c++11 -Wfatal-errors -stdlib=libc++ utils/src/fileoperations.cpp -o fileoperations.o
clang++ -c -O3 -I./utils/inc -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DCONSOLE_SUPPORTS_COLOR -Wall -std=c++11 -Wfatal-errors -stdlib=libc++ utils/src/log.cpp -o log.o
clang++ -O3 -I./utils/inc -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DCONSOLE_SUPPORTS_COLOR -Wall -std=c++11 -Wfatal-errors -stdlib=libc++ ps3netsrv.o fileoperations.o log.o -lpthread -o ps3netsrv++

Code:
#ldd ps3netsrv++
ps3netsrv++:
  libthr.so.3 => /lib/libthr.so.3 (0x800836000)
  libc++.so.1 => /usr/lib/libc++.so.1 (0x800a5b000)
  libcxxrt.so.1 => /lib/libcxxrt.so.1 (0x800d1a000)
  libm.so.5 => /lib/libm.so.5 (0x800f37000)
  libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x801160000)
  libc.so.7 => /lib/libc.so.7 (0x80136e000)

I might look into creating plugin with config page.

Last edited:

Yatti420

Wizard
So you would need this and a modified PS3 to take advantage of this?

Pandor

Cadet
So you would need this and a modified PS3 to take advantage of this?
Indeed. This would allow you to stream your games straight from freenas, instead of having to transfer them to the ps3's internal hdd or an external hdd.

Status
Not open for further replies.