Help installing DELL PS4110 on FreeNAS 11 via iscsi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I want to connect my DELL PS4110 via iscsi as storage for my FreeNAS. I installed FreeNAS 11 and want to get this 24TB setup and shared as NFS...

Can you point me in the right direction, someone who's done it already or if you have some notes buried away somewhere, it doesn't look so straight forward : -)

Thank you and Regards,
James

kdragon75

Wizard
Can you please re-state what you are trying to do? It sounds like you want to set up a Dell PS4110 an an iSCSI storage "server" and have FreeNAS connect to the Dell and use that to share an NFS mount point.
Please know, if this is correct, this is not currently supported (or even an option). If this is a requirement of your architecture, I would consider redesigning your architecture or simply using plain FreeBSD. If you an elaborate on your use case, we may be able to assist in a better solution.

As something of a side note, using iSCSI as a backend storage for ZFS is an extremely bad idea. You will not benefit from most of the ZFS features that make it so robust. A better solution would be to drive an MD1220 with an HBA from you FreeNAS server.

Status
Not open for further replies.