Help getting Plex configured

Status
Not open for further replies.

John M. Długosz

Contributor
A few days ago, the plex media server stopped showing up on my DLNA server list.

I've upgraded FreeNas, destroyed the old jail, installed a fresh (and up-to-date) Plexmediaserver, but I can't get it to mount media.

Code:
Jul  6 22:32:30 Oort manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: The path could not be mounted /mnt/ZPool1/Media/Internet-Movies: Mount failed (64) -> mount: /mnt/ZPool1/jails/plexmediaserver_1/media/movies: No such file or directory ]

I used the browse buttons, so it's not mis-typed. Is the error complaining about the source (which exists) or the destination (up to 'media' exists and 'movies' should be created by the operation)?

If I leave "mounted?" unchecked then nothing happens. If I check it, I get the error above, and nothing is in the 'media' directory.

I didn't have any such trouble when I installed Plex plugin originally. What am I missing?

I also can confirm that the jail is in its own Volume, as set up by the template;
the volume of the Source has all the permission boxes checked; looking via Shell I see it is all bits set (user/group/other read/write/x).
The destination's parent directory (/mnt/ZPool1/jails/plexmediaserver_1/media) exists as created by the template.

(continues)

John M. Długosz

Contributor
What I've figured out thus far:

Using the Shell in the Web interface, I created an empty directory "movies" under "/mnt/ZPool1/jails/plexmediaserver_1/media" without any trouble.

I opened and re-submitted the storage item, un-checking "create", and it reported "successfully updated" and showed no errors.

The "media" directory was created with drwxr-xr-x root wheel, and the software running the web UI had no trouble seeing the paths to browse it, but I suppose must be running in some account that's not root or in the wheel group (even though I log in as root)?

If it is a permissions thing, the current plexmediaserver plugin and the current FreeNAS release are not compatible in this respect, and this is a new bug since I didn't have this issue before, and no setup-guide had to do anything about this.

If the error message is correct, it means the code doing the work couldn't reach down to the desired parent. If the error was actually in trying to create "movies", then the message is wrong or misleading for whatever reason.
Using the Shell in the Web interface, I created an empty directory "movies" under "/mnt/ZPool1/jails/plexmediaserver_1/media" without any trouble.

I opened and re-submitted the storage item, un-checking "create", and it reported "successfully updated" and showed no errors.

The "media" directory was created with drwxr-xr-x root wheel, and the software running the web UI had no trouble seeing the paths to browse it, but I suppose must be running in some account that's not root or in the wheel group (even though I log in as root)?

If it is a permissions thing, the current plexmediaserver plugin and the current FreeNAS release are not compatible in this respect, and this is a new bug since I didn't have this issue before, and no setup-guide had to do anything about this.

If the error message is correct, it means the code doing the work couldn't reach down to the desired parent. If the error was actually in trying to create "movies", then the message is wrong or misleading for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.