Hello

mskiba

Cadet
Hi! My name is Mike, and I am a longtime IT Professional and enthusiast. My focus over the last few decades has been as an Implementation Engineer related to just about all Cisco infrastructure. Over the last few years I have shifted to Collaboration(Call, message, meet, share) specifically, and have also moved from Engineering to Pre-Sales as an Architect. As a result, I have a decently sized lab environment that I put together and support for customer demonstrations. I also use this lab for personal and home functions. It started small and has grown immensely over time. I am now at the point where storage is the current focus. Enter FreeNAS. I am about 6 months into research and testing against my first build. Couple pools in prod, couple more to go. My goal is to read, read, read, as I navigate along learning this product in conjunction with building and testing on my own, so as to not waste folks time on here in the event I do need some help. I am hopeful that with my overall career experience and FreeNAS research thus far, I can keep my noob-ness to a minimum. My journey for robust storage has been very fun and eye-opening so far and I am looking forward to getting to the point where I am able to meet all of my requirements and self sustain this system moving forward.