Hello my name is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamux

Cadet
Hi,
My nick teamux is based on tmux which is one of my favourite tools for unix based systems.
I have always liked messing around with hardware and have done a lot of hard and software repairs on Windows based systems, hosting my own systems and testing stuff on my lab setups used to be one of my hobbies.
After my studies my job was getting more related to the policy and advice side of IT and due to time contstaints I lost my focus on the technical side of things.
Luckily I now have a more technical orientated job so I started rebuilding my lab and found the passion for tinkering with technology again.

I have been using FreeNAS for a few years now and it has proven itself as quite reliable and powerful to me.
My current set up is quite outdated so in the near future I am going to build a new system, that is also my reason for registering here.

I hope to get some up-to-date answers for questions I might run into because sometimes there appears to be somewhat conflicting or outdated information spread across different online sources. The nature of my questions will mainly be geared towards optimal Pool configuration and using FreeNAS as a datastore for a virtualisation infrastructure, hopefully my questions and any answers will be a useful source of information for others.

Regards,
Teamux.

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Welcome to the forum!

danb35

Hall of Famer
Welcome. Though I have to say I'm disappointed your name isn't Inigo Montoya.
tshirt24n-1-web.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.