Hello Everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using FreeNAS for the past 2 year or so. I've worked in IT for the past 7 years and will be finishing with my BS in Computer Science in a few months.

my home setup:

Case:
NORCO RPC-4220 4U Rackmount Server Chassis w/ 20 Hot-Swappable SATA/SAS 6G Drive Bays

highly recommend, 20 hot swap bays plenty of space.

Motherboard:
EVGA 132-YW-E178-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI FTW

dual gigabit, 3 pcie16, 6 on board sata2.

CPU:

Intel e7400, overclocked to 3.5 Ghz.

Controller Cards:

LSI Internal SATA/SAS SAS3081E-R 3Gb/s.

love it, 8 sata 2 for $200. works with Solaris, and FreeBSD.

Disks:

8, 1 TB Western Digital Green in a Raidz2

6, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Green in a Raidz2.

limerick

Dabbler
dude, we get that you have nice hardware, but what version are you currently running and maybe how did you 'upgrade' if you in fact did.. and did your drives cooperate? meaning just reload the new os and import them without data loss? :)

dude, we get that you have nice hardware, but what version are you currently running and maybe how did you 'upgrade' if you in fact did.. and did your drives cooperate? meaning just reload the new os and import them without data loss? :)

i'm running the original 8.0 release, i don't run beta's on production systems without a very good reason. as for the upgrade, all i did was import the disks into a fresh install of FreeNAS 8

limerick

Dabbler
thanks for the reply! :) if i may be a bit more specific, were the 'imported' disks running on less than version 8 os? (ie: version 7 or earlier) and were they 'imported' to the [now] version 8 as zfs drives or ufs or ntfs?

i'm self taught, but picking up bits and such here and there helps fill in the bigger picture for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.