Hello Every One.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenixcomm

Cadet
I have been messing with UNIX from my days at Interdata (76-78) I helped deliver 8/32#1 to Murry Hill (Bell Labs) First Non-DEC port.
I messed about with Zenix (a complete mess but a start, what network), Then got a hold of Interactive (later picked up by Sun). in the 90's - 2k I owned an ISP here in Dallas, Tx.
We used lots of Sun2s and later UltraSparc 2s, with Big Cisco Router, As 6 ISDN ATA's. Today My Ultra2s are on the shelf, and I still use a UltraSparc Creator 3D for my aircraft model simulation. I think the dam box has 64Gb of memory, and 2 CPUs (slow by others today, but for a load, there is none better) I have replaced my 5 Windows desktops to Linux Mint. Currently, this desktop is my NFS host, and I can mount my exported drives anywhere. The reason for me going to Freenas (new box) is that I just lost 2Gb on my media drive. :eek::eek: I also do quite a bit of embedded design as well mostly using Ardunios and Ti LunchPads. And lets not forget about supporting VME legacy stuff as well.
Thanks for letting me ramble ;)
Cris H, Fort Worth Texas

styno

Patron
Hi, welcome! Thanks for the walk down memory lane. I am still a fan of the old Sun boxes, especially the lunchbox designs of the Sparcstations.
(I once moved an original Xbox motherboard into one of those, that was quite an eye catcher in the early 2000's :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.