FTP TimeOut

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiosavage

Cadet
I have decided to make the leap into FreeNas after finding a computer with the specs needed for ZFS. Not sure if the specs will help with this issue but here they are:

HP DL 165 G3 Xeon 2x1.6 10GB Ram 4GB boot drive and mirrored 1TB ZFS disks. FreeNas 9.2.1.2 x64

The install has been straightforward and building the raid was without any issues. However, I am testing an ftp server with individual folders by using a dataset for each user. Once again, that has not been a problem. In fact the ftp server works perfect except for one item. I am unable to change the idle transfer time out in the proftpd.conf file. Everytime I boot the server the file is rewritten. I wanted to extend this as much as possible or turn it off completely. 15 minutes to me is a better timeout. Where does one go to change this setting. The gui in ftp services has no effect. I have seen older posts with Nas4Free but none of the fixes seem to stick or the configuration file is in another location.

Thanks for any assistance on this. Aloha!

D

dlavigne

Changing the "Timeout" field in the FTP screen of the GUI isn't working? If so, that is a bug. Create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

radiosavage

Cadet
Looking at my original post I can see that I may have caused some confusion.

In the GUI there is an option for "Timeout". That option works fine. However, the option I need is "TimeOutNoTransfer". Adding that to the auxilary parameters does not help since there is a default line of "TimeOutNoTransfer 300" earlier in the proftpd.conf file.

I have tried editing the "/base/conf/etc/local/proftpd.conf" and adding "TimeOutNoTransfer 1200". After a reboot that line will still be in that location's file. However it makes no changes to the running file in "/usr/local/etc/proftpd.conf".

It would seem to me that this is a variable that needs to be changed for different purposes. Any clues on how I can get this to apply? Maybe this is a feature that needs to be added to the GUI.

D

dlavigne

It's a bug if it isn't being applied properly in Auxiliary Parameters. When creating the bug report at bugs.freenas.org, mention that a possible solution would be to add it as another field. Post the bug number here after creating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.