FTP server with web interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonandermb

Explorer
Hi!
I have been using FreeNAS for the last months, and even have already spent some money and implemented two machines so far. ECC memory, redundancy, ups... etc...
I took my time to experiment and try different configs... and above all... to READ.

I used to implement every new system the hard way... when I wanted a VPN server, I installed arch on a VM from scratch and configure it, step by step until it was just perfect: The necessary programs running and all that.
Now, I'm taking a different approach in order to implement solutions for the needs at my company.
Using Arch on a server to emulate VMs with virtualbox via web interface (phpvirtualbox)
FreeNAS for storage and the latest: pfSense for web cache/antivirus and VPN Server.
These systems are easier to maintain and safer to upgrade in my opinion.
Now, I'm looking for a solution in order to replace my old FTP server: Yes, we still use it for many tasks and the customers don't seem to want to change their habits.
After ditching a paid ftp solution some years ago, i have been using filezilla server but I never found the definitive ftp server
The idea is that the people that has to create the new users are not IP pros (not that a ftp is that complex, anyway...) and if they have to create a user, might as well be from a nice clear UI,,,,, I have been looking for something specific, something like pfsense is for network management and freenas is for network storage.
I'd use freenas, but, apart from the setup being quite complex to implement, I need to see stats: Currently connected users, their speed, etc...., and freenas does not have this feature.

Given the fact that there are lots of experts around here, I wanted to leave this thought here and see if somebody can come up with a solution for this problem.

Thanks for your input :)

Status
Not open for further replies.