FTP: Add user to specific folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andi04

Cadet
Hello

I installed FreeNAS 9.2 for the first time a couple of days ago. For now it's up and running as I want it to except for one thing.

I have created a ZFS dataset called "webserver" and inside I have created a folder called "www". Thats the folder containing my webpage that I'm hosting on my FreeNAS server. The webserver is up and running fine. /webserver/www/ is also shared using CIFS.

What I want is to create a FTP account called "web" and let that account to have access to just /webserver/www/ and nothing else and still have it shared using CIFS. I need to have FTP access to that folder so I can work remotly with Dreamweaver.

Can some one pls help me with this or atleast point me to a tutorial or something. I have been using google for a day or so and I can't find anything that lets me create this user.

Andi04

Cadet
Thanks for the reply!

The dataset is /webserver/ and after connecting to it with CIFS I created a folder called www. I have tried to create a user called "web" and tried to make /webserver/www/ its home dir but FreeNAS sets the home dir as /webserver/www/web

Is it only possible to set home dir to a dataset and not to a folder created inside that dataset?

D

dlavigne

Does the app you're using require the username to be web? If not, make /webserver the homedir of www.

Andi04

Cadet
Ok so I should create a user called www and set the home dir to /webserver/www/?
And if I create subdomains like "family" in the dir /webserver/family I should create a user called "family" and set the home dir to/webserver/family?

Status
Not open for further replies.