SOLVED Fresh Nextcloud install won't start after server reboot

sqwob

Explorer
I spent a portion of yesterday installing Nextcloud with the awesome script at https://github.com/danb35/freenas-iocage-nextcloud by danb35
Installation was smooth, I got the web interface running without any issues and, created some users & connected my phone. so far so good.

Today after some maintenance work (install faster NIC) I wanted to play with Nextcloud some more but I notice it's not running, and the Jail won't start?
The error displayed:

Starting nextcloud​

Error: [EFAULT] mount_nullfs: /var/Storage: No such file or directory jail: ioc-nextcloud: /sbin/mount -t nullfs -o rw /var/Storage/nextcloud/files /mnt/Storage/iocage/jails/nextcloud/root/mnt/files: failed

Manually starting the jail from console:
root@freenas:/mnt/Storage/iocage/jails/nextcloud/root/mnt/files # iocage start nextcloud
No default gateway found for ipv6.
* Starting nextcloud
+ Start FAILED
mount_nullfs: /var/Storage: No such file or directory
jail: ioc-nextcloud: /sbin/mount -t nullfs -o rw /var/Storage/nextcloud/files /mnt/Storage/iocage/jails/nextcloud/root/mnt/files: failed
/var/Storage: No such file or directory -> it is correct that var/Storage doesn't exist. only mn/Storage does.

The path mentioned looks quite empty:
root@freenas:/mnt/Storage/iocage/jails/nextcloud/root/mnt/files # ls -a
. ..

Any ideas on what happened or how to go about fixing this?

Attachments

• 1706997935277.png
    1706997935277.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

sqwob

Explorer
so i'm guessing something is wrong in these fstab lines?

root@freenas:/mnt/Storage/iocage/jails/nextcloud # vim fstab
/var/Storage/nextcloud/files /mnt/Storage/iocage/jails/nextcloud/root/mnt/files nullfs rw 0 0
/var/Storage/nextcloud/config /mnt/Storage/iocage/jails/nextcloud/root/usr/local/www/nextcloud/config nullfs rw 0 0
/var/Storage/nextcloud/themes /mnt/Storage/iocage/jails/nextcloud/root/usr/local/www/nextcloud/themes nullfs rw 0 0
/var/Storage/nextcloud/db/mariadb /mnt/Storage/iocage/jails/nextcloud/root/var/db/mysql nullfs rw 0 0

Mount points are configured though:
1706999124169.png

starting jail with different command:
service jail onestart nextcloud
Starting jails:/etc/rc.d/jail: WARNING: Invalid configuration for nextcloud (no jail.conf, no hostname, or no path). Jail nextcloud was ignored.

Last edited:

danb35

Hall of Famer
I'd really prefer that questions about usage of, or problems with, my script be kept on the discussion thread for that resource. But with that said, yes, I think you've identified the problem, which likely results from your having set POOL_PATH to /var/Storage rather than /mnt/Storage in your nextcloud-config file. You can fix the fstab file easily enough, but I'd be concerned that the data that's supposed to be stored outside of the jail is instead being stored inside it.

sqwob

Explorer
Seems you're right, i'll start over.

1706999869159.png

Appreciate the extremely fast response!