FreeNAS web GUI blocked when using wipe function

Evertb1

Guru
The last 5 days I have been busy replacing my WD Red 2 TB drives with IronWolf 4 TB drives. As I have a FreeNAS 11.3-U3 VM on an ESXi server, I used that to run SMART tests and badblocks on the new drives. Worked without a problem and the exchange of the drives on my FreeNAS "production" maschine was a breeze (took the best part of three days).

As I still had that FreeNAS VM handy, I wanted to use that to wipe the old disks. But that went a bit strange. As soon as I started the wipe process, the FreeNAS GUI became unusable. No button or menu item was clickable. When I opened a new instance of the FreeNAS web GUI (in the same Chrome browser) and started the wipe of a second disk the same thing happened. GUI not responsive. The only thing that shows some live is the progress bar of the wipe proces. It's almost like an old fashioned Windows application with a modal form on top, blocking all other forms.

I can't find a thing about this in the FreeNAS manual. My question: is this by design, a bug or an undocumented feature? Anybody here on the forum with an answer? It's not all that important but I am curious.

Last edited: