FreeNas Permission Reset Problem

karkarii

Cadet
HI all,

we have upgraded our storage to FreeNAS-11.3-U5 few days ago and everything was ok, we have changed the permission for all shared SMB folders using the edit ACL option, our storage is integrated with our Active directory, so all shares permissions are managed using the freenas GUI and the access for the shared folders is identified
using the ACL and AD security groups like " Domain\ domain admins " or whatever, but what is weird that all permissions of a lot of shared folders has been reset the after few hours ( the next day ) all permissions has been changed again to ( owner@, everyone@, group@ : read permissions ) while our previous permissions contains ( root, domain\ domain admins, domain\ "group name" : full permission ), in fact all shared has been reset to this permission!!!! , we have changed back everything but I'm afraid that it will occur again

Please let me know if there is a similar reported bug, or there is something can be done to stop this from happening gain

Thanks

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
HI all,

we have upgraded our storage to FreeNAS-11.3-U5 few days ago and everything was ok, we have changed the permission for all shared SMB folders using the edit ACL option, our storage is integrated with our Active directory, so all shares permissions are managed using the freenas GUI and the access for the shared folders is identified
using the ACL and AD security groups like " Domain\ domain admins " or whatever, but what is weird that all permissions of a lot of shared folders has been reset the after few hours ( the next day ) all permissions has been changed again to ( owner@, everyone@, group@ : read permissions ) while our previous permissions contains ( root, domain\ domain admins, domain\ "group name" : full permission ), in fact all shared has been reset to this permission!!!! , we have changed back everything but I'm afraid that it will occur again

Please let me know if there is a similar reported bug, or there is something can be done to stop this from happening gain

Thanks
It might be the SMB client changing permissions or something else. Any change made via middleware will appear in the task manager as a job and can be viewed in the GUI or through `midclt call core.get_jobs | jq` assuming you haven't rebooted the server.