freenas isn't automatically grabbing its static IP after router power outage

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewjs18

Contributor
my area had some power outages today due to some heavy storming. my router & switches went down, but not my servers as they're hooked up to a UPS and the power outage lasted all of about 1-2 minutes. when the power was restored and my router and switches turned back on, everything reestablished its IP assignments automatically except freenas - my IPMI grabbed its static IP and worked as well as my jail within freenas, oddly enough.

I was able to grab this error screenshot via IPMI:

64Sz3kY.jpg

any ideas? I'm using freenas 9.3

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Is the IP on FreeNas assigned as "DHCP" with you having a Reservation on your router or did you truly set it as a Static on FreeNas and have a Reservation on your router? I am a bit confused as to what you mean by "isn't automatically grabbing its static IP"..

andrewjs18

Contributor
Is the IP on FreeNas assigned as "DHCP" with you having a Reservation on your router or did you truly set it as a Static on FreeNas and have a Reservation on your router? I am a bit confused as to what you mean by "isn't automatically grabbing its static IP"..

I'm at work at the moment so I'm going off memory right now, but I believe both the IPMI and the NIC on my freenas box had IPs addresses set manually by me outside of the DHCP address range.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I'm at work at the moment so I'm going off memory right now, but I believe both the IPMI and the NIC on my freenas box had IPs addresses set manually by me outside of the DHCP address range.
Where? In FreeNAS or on your DHCP server?

Status
Not open for further replies.