FreeNAS in poweredge r710

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello friends:
My query about how to save my server to a FreeNAS server, I have a PERC 6 card / with 256 MB of battery-backed cache (poweredge r710), and 3 hdds, two of them are 2 tb (For a raid 0 or 1) and The third only 320gb (for the installation of FreeNAS operating system), please if you can help me with this consultation I will be deeply grateful.
Thanks and have a good day.

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
^^^ +1 ^^^
There are many posts in this forum regarding the Perc 6 card and the issues connected with it.
Please use the forum search feature to see why @m0nkey_ has responded with this answer.

Hello friends:
My query about how to save my server to a FreeNAS server, I have a PERC 6 card / with 256 MB of battery-backed cache (poweredge r710), and 3 hdds, two of them are 2 tb (For a raid 0 or 1) and The third only 320gb (for the installation of FreeNAS operating system), please if you can help me with this consultation I will be deeply grateful.
Thanks and have a good day.

Hi, thank you very much for your answer, but I have another question.
Does DELL have an LSI HBA card compatible with the poweredge r710 server?

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast

Donny Davis

Contributor
You don't need a Dell specific card. Like Big Dave said above, grab a 9211. You won't have any issues with your pool down the road. Nobody worries about their data until they lose it once or twice

Status
Not open for further replies.