FreeNAS faults new drive during resilvering

CyberPete

Dabbler
I have just installed a brand new WD Red Plus 4TB hard disk in my FreeNAS 9.10 server. Part of the way through resilvering, FreeNAS reports 4 write errors and faults the drive. That can't be right as its a new drive and a WD Red Plus. Any ideas?

The only thing I can think of is a faulty SATA cable. In that case, how would i remove the FAULT flag and start again?

Thanks,

Pete

kherr

Explorer
New drives can be faulty ..... no manufacturer is perfect, especially WD. Personally, I used to buy exclusively WD till their campaign on untruthful advertising ...... never again .....

CyberPete

Dabbler
New drives can be faulty ..... no manufacturer is perfect, especially WD. Personally, I used to buy exclusively WD till their campaign on untruthful advertising ...... never again .....
It's all sorted now. I took the drive out, put it in a Windows PC to delete all partitons, then put it back. It resilvered OK this time.
I've had repeated problems with Seagate Ironwolf drives. I don't seem to learn. I just had to return one that failed its SMART test after only 5 months (out of a 3 year warranty). I had to pay postage and will be liable for any import duties.
Never again.