Freenas 9.2 Jails error: epoll: Function not implemented

Status
Not open for further replies.

champ

Dabbler
Hi guys,

I was trying to get bitcoind running in a jails. Unfortunatly it always gives an error that he epoll function is not implented. I tried it in an ubuntu jails and in a debian jail... Both stop with the epoll error. In debian I compiled it from source and ran it, but this damn error always occurs. Here is how it looks:
# bitcoind -daemon # Bitcoin server starting ************************ EXCEPTION: N5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_6s ystem12system_errorEEEEE epoll: Function not implemented bitcoin in AppInit()

Is there anything I can do about it? I am pretty new to linux and all this. Oh yeah would be sweet if you could add bitcoin as a plugin I would love o develop a web gui for it, so I can make my transaction on freenas via a webinterface. How cool would that be ?!^^

D

dlavigne

Have you tried installing net-p2p/bitcoin-daemon in a plugins jail?

D

dlavigne

This is described in the Installing non-PBI Software chapter of the Guide. Be sure to download the version of the Guide that matches your FreeNAS version. It's a good idea to first skim through the Plugins and Jails chapters first to get a good overview of the capabilities, what software is available as PBIs, and how to install software that isn't available as a PBI.

Linux jail support is experimental at best and most software that you can install in Linux is already ported to FreeBSD and trivial to install into a non-Linux jail. Plugin Jails give the most flexibility on how to get software into a jail.

champ

Dabbler
I used this guide to install bitcoin and used the apt-get command to get the ressources I need to compile bitcoin, now I am screwed when trying to install the dependencies with apt-get... as mentioned before, I am no linux crack (yet!).

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Well, this isn't linux.

And let me say you're probably going to be disappointed with your machine's performance with bitcoin mining. CPU mining is literally pointless as a single graphics card is like 10-100x+ faster from what I've read. Big picture, you're likely to seriously hurt your servers performance for the random "win-the-lottery" or "get-struck-by-lightning" chance that you actually succeed. This just isn't something I recommend at all.

champ

Dabbler
nono, this is absolutly not about mining!! I just don't want to have the whole blockchain, which is about 20??!gb big on my normal machine! I just want to have bitcoin running on my NAS!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Oh. Ok. My misunderstanding.

champ

Dabbler
Okay, status update: It is still not working, I tried to do the insatllation from:
http://www.freshports.org/net-p2p/bitcoin/
I typed in:
pkg_add -r bitcoin
Okay something was going on ....
cd /usr/ports/net-p2p/bitcoin/ && make install clean
didn't work, because the dir didn't exist...
Then I went to /usr/src and saw the bitcoin-0.8.6-linux.tar.gz
I extracted the whole thing and did the make INSTALL, which also worked fine(I guess)...
I then tried to run bitcoind, put it seems to be not installed...
Then I ran bitcoin-qt, which says that it can not connect to x server.
I guess bitcoin is installed but because of the missing gui it can not start...
I also have this bitcoind and bitcoin-qt files in /usr/bitcoin-0.8.6-linux/bin/32/ and /usr/bitcoin-0.8.6-linux/bin/64/
unfortunatly I have no clue if this is the bitcoin executable but I would guess so... and I also don't know how to execute them :( any help?
ah yeah when I try to add the package as decribed here http://www.freshports.org/net-p2p/bitcoin-daemon/ it says that the file can not be fetched, I guess it doesn't exist :(

champ

Dabbler
Well stroke my bone! "pkg install bitcoin-daemon" Solved it, case closed, I'm an idiot! ^^ I think there was an error in my brain.exe!

Yatti420

Wizard
Let us know if you are successful in storing the blockchain on the NAS..

champ

Dabbler
It works perfectly, I added storage to /root/.bitcoin/ and it saves the blockchain there! After you created the bitcoin config you can start bitcoind with "bitcoind -daemon" and then get infos via "bitcoind getinfo"! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Yatti420

Wizard
Maybe post a link for setting up the client with a blockchain thats not local.. Or a howto for bitcoin / client setup etc..

champ

Dabbler
Maybe post a link for setting up the client with a blockchain thats not local.. Or a howto for bitcoin / client setup etc..
What do you mean with not local? Do you mean that the blockchain is on a remote server, because thats not what I am doing. I only added a ZFS dataset to the directory in the jails where bitcoin saves the blockchain. If there are requests I can post a little tutorial on how to do it step by step from creating the jail to getting the bitcoind running with the storage outside of the jail

Yatti420

Wizard
You are going to have your bitcoin clients connect and use the blockchain located (and kept up to date) on the NAS?

champ

Dabbler
ehhh yeah?! Anything wrong with it? I mean that was my intention to keep the 15gb or so blockchain on my NAS. I also thougt of creating a nice GUI to access via a webinterface.

Yatti420

Wizard
This should be easily doable.. Without even needing a web interface.. I'm not sure what you want the setup to look like.. If you have a fast / safe dedicated NAS I would store the blockchain there.. Point my wired wallets to it.. Saves the need from having a blockchain on a local client..

champ

Dabbler
yeah true, well I am happy the bitcoind runs in a jail for now, so great! maybe I will create a nice web interface so I can do my transaction from my local network via a web interface if I have time for that. But for now I am satisfied to have bitcoind running on my NAS. Also nice would be to make the webinterface accessable via the net. I also put my owncloud in the tornetwork( I know it is kind of slow ) and can access it now from everywhere, which is great. Maybe I will do the same with my bitcoin GUI(which I maybe will create) ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.