FreeNAS 9.1.1 x64 cannot boot - mounting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
After upgrade matherboard to modern with 8GB memory I cannot boot x64 FreeNAS version, it halts after mounting problem. Version x86 boots Ok.
nobootFreenas.jpg

cyberjock

Inactive Account
It would be lovely if you took a look at the FreeNAS forums rules and posted info as requested there.. Otherwise your "my car won't start" thread won't get you any responses.

Hi!
My new board is H81-PLUS with 8GB with INTEL CORE i3-4130
3 disks WD SATA: 1000GB, 300GB, 300GB.
FreeNAS saved on Cruiser Blade 8GB, original after download.
If you need additional info, I can answer.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Was the x86 version installed on another USB stick or the same one? Normally your error is a hardware problem(usually with the USB key itself) but can be some other component too. Your hardware doesn't look like it should have any compatibility issues.

If you have a backup of your config you might try reinstalling FreeNAS on your USB stick and trying again.

warri

Guru
You can just import the config on the x64 system. It's independent of your architecture.
The x86 version should only be able to see 3-4 GB, the x64 version should see all of your RAM. Are you sure you tested with x64 fresh install (no upgrade)?

warri

Guru
There is another problem. Version x64 doesn't view all 8GB memory, but ~3GB only!

Based on this I assumed you could boot it ;)

Have you tried a new installation or new USB stick yet?

Cascadian

Cadet
I had the same problem with a new Haswell compatible motherboard. You need to disable USB 3.0 in your BIOS.

Dusan

Guru
There is another problem. Version x64 doesn't view all 8GB memory, but ~3GB only!
That's OK, it's the memory reported by 32bit BIOS, you should see your entire memory once you manage to boot.

There is a known incompatibility of the xhci (USB3) driver with Haswell chipsets. Try to disable USB3/xHCI in BIOS. It will either boot or will not see the USB ports at all. It the second case you can try this procedure: failed with error 19
Try to also move the USB stick to an USB2 port if there are any.

Status
Not open for further replies.