FreeNAS 8 + Windows Media Center (Windows 7) + Xbox 360 Extender

Status
Not open for further replies.

naaronne

Cadet
I've searched high and low for some explantation or tutorial on how to tweak my setup, thus far I've been unsuccessful. I currently am running a FreeNAS 8 config with 4 2TB drives in a RAID-5 configuration. Running a Windows 7 machine with 8GB of memory and an i3 Proc. Which I use the Windows Media Center Extender to stream media to my Xbox 360.

Since moving my videos/movies to the NAS and trying to stream them, I've noticed hugh delays along with skipping and pausing. I tried tweaking different aspects on both the Windows box and the FreeNAS box, but no success.

If I move the media back to the Windows box, the problems go away. I have everything connected via CAT-5e and am in the process of upgrading my switches to Gigbit, so right now there is mix of 10/100MB and 1000MB. Although I don't think that should matter much, the fact that I have them wired and wireless should be enough.

If anyone could provide some insight or suggestions on how to fix my issues I would be grateful. Otherwise I think I will be moving my media back locally to the Windows 7 box.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.