FreeNAS 11 install Plex

mp10

Cadet
Hi,
Have some problem to configure Plex in FreeNAS.
Have a server that running with ESXi and installed FreeNAS-11.1-U1 as a virtual computer, have also installed the plugin Plex in FreeNAS but can't get it up running.
Do I need to create separately vlan for the Plex..?
I have tried to follow some guide but doesn't work... any one know/have some ideas??
Can't connect to Plex using web browser..

danb35

Hall of Famer

hoserama

Dabbler
What exactly is your problem? Are you able to access Plex’s administrative page or do you not know how to get there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Hi,
Have some problem to configure Plex in FreeNAS.
Have a server that running with ESXi and installed FreeNAS-11.1-U1 as a virtual computer, have also installed the plugin Plex in FreeNAS but can't get it up running.
Do I need to create separately vlan for the Plex..?
I have tried to follow some guide but doesn't work... any one know/have some ideas??
Can't connect to Plex using web browser..
What's the problem?

You don't really need a guide for Plex. You install it then log into the web UI.

mp10

Cadet
What's the problem?

You don't really need a guide for Plex. You install it then log into the web UI.

I installing Plex plugin, trying to login but it not working.
  1. Installing from Plugin.
  2. Click on status so it turns On.
  3. Click on Plugin and Plex..
  4. A window pups up were it says "click here to access your Plex media server".
  5. I have clicked on "here" have also tried to tick the check box but it Always ends up with "can't open the page" looks like the IP not working, trying to ping the specified IP but not working......
Have also restarted FreeNas but same problem.
Somehow it looks like the Plex not reciving any network Connection?!?!

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Is Plex running in the jail? Open a shell in the jail and type ps auxw | grep -i Plex

Hx Jai

Dabbler
I installing Plex plugin, trying to login but it not working.
  1. Installing from Plugin.
  2. Click on status so it turns On.
  3. Click on Plugin and Plex..
  4. A window pups up were it says "click here to access your Plex media server".
  5. I have clicked on "here" have also tried to tick the check box but it Always ends up with "can't open the page" looks like the IP not working, trying to ping the specified IP but not working......
Have also restarted FreeNas but same problem.
Somehow it looks like the Plex not reciving any network Connection?!?!

I'm having this exact issue. Any ideas?