SOLVED FreeNAS-11.1-U4 throwing Daemon.Error in syslog

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerpentMage

Dabbler
Hello all,

I have my freenas pointing to a kiwi syslog server. Lately I've seen a couple daemon errors repeating, I've tried searching for the cause and/or fix but I've some up with nothing. Freenas GUI shows no alerts or anything so I'm not sure if I should be worried about these or not.

If anyone needs anymore info please let me know. The two errors I see are below, the "format_graphite: error with uc_get_rate" is way more frequent.

Code:
05-07-2018	09:28:23	Daemon.Error	NAS-IP	May  7 09:28:23 NASFS01.local collectd[77390]: format_graphite: error with uc_get_rate
05-07-2018	06:26:23	Daemon.Error	NAS-IP	May  7 06:26:23 NASFS01.local collectd[77390]: write_graphite plugin: Connecting to NASFS01:2003 via tcp failed. The last error was: failed to connect to remote host: Connection refused

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Code:
format_graphite: error with uc_get_rate
write_graphite plugin:Connecting to NASFS01:2003 via tcp failed. The last error was: failed to connect to remote host: Connection refused
This looks to be FreeNAS alerting you that there is a problem with the configuration between FreeNAS and the Graphite server.
I would guess that the configuration just needs some fine-tuning on one system or both to get them talking nicely.

SerpentMage

Dabbler
This looks to be FreeNAS alerting you that there is a problem with the configuration between FreeNAS and the Graphite server.
I would guess that the configuration just needs some fine-tuning on one system or both to get them talking nicely.

Sorry if this is a stupid question/comment but would the Graphite server be a part of Freenas itself? I don't remember setting one up but, looking at that error it appears that Freenas is trying to connect to itself?

SerpentMage

Dabbler
I think I may have found it, somehow, my FreeNAS server's name (NASFS01) was entered into the "Remote Graphite Server Hostname:" text box under System > Advanced. Honestly no idea how that got there, but I blanked out the box and saved it. I'll check my logs again in a while and mark this solved if it worked.

Thanks all!

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I think I may have found it, somehow, my FreeNAS server's name (NASFS01) was entered into the "Remote Graphite Server Hostname:" text box under System > Advanced. Honestly no idea how that got there, but I blanked out the box and saved it. I'll check my logs again in a while and mark this solved if it worked.

Thanks all!
That should fix it. Sorry I didn't get the chance to reply to you on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.