FreeNAS 11.1 - SMB Error- smb_iod_recvall:

Status
Not open for further replies.

NASbox

Guru
Running FreeNAS-11.1-RELEASE (dc7d195f4) - I established a read only share to an old windows XP (SP3) machine to suck data off of it
(Share name is BACKUP):
Code:
#>pwd
/root
ls -la winbox/
total 17
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel   2 Jan 28 23:59 .
drwxr-xr-x  8 root  wheel  25 Jan 29 03:05 ..
#>mount_smbfs -W workgroup  //OEM/BACKUP winbox
#>rsync -rtv --progress  winbox/ /mnt/TANK/CONSOLIDATION/UNSORTED/OEMXP/I
and I got these errors:
Code:
smb_iod_recvall: drop resp with mid 21093
smb_iod_recvall: drop resp with mid 21093
smb_iod_recvall: drop resp with mid 12450
smb_iod_recvall: drop resp with mid 12450
smb_iod_recvall: drop resp with mid 4797
Is this likely a network issue, a freenas issue or a windows XP issue?

I'm going to reboot, reconnect and run the rsync again to see what happens, but any insight as to what the messages mean and/or likely source would be appreciated. Thanks.

UPDATE: Could this be a timeout? I just noticed that I have a directory with 86000 files in it! Clicking on that directory causes the local XP machine to freeze for about 10 seconds while it enumerates all those files. Any way to extend the timeout so that freenas will be more patient?

Last edited:

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Those errors are being thrown by the FreeBSD SMB client. You don't really have much in the way of configuration options for it. You're probably best off copying it directly from Windows client to FreeNAS server via robocopy.

NASbox

Guru
Those errors are being thrown by the FreeBSD SMB client. You don't really have much in the way of configuration options for it. You're probably best off copying it directly from Windows client to FreeNAS server via robocopy.
Thanks for that - I wish I had discovered robocopy sooner. Not really a freenas question, but can I be sure the copy was not corrupted in any way. Don't see any type of verification options on it. Or is there another tool that would work well?

Status
Not open for further replies.