FreeNAS 11.1 and broken Warden Jail template 11.0x64

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegularJoe

Patron
Hi All,

I do not see the new 11.1 x64 templates. I assume this means we have a mismatch between FreeNAS 11.1 and the template 11.0. I have a thread started about the issue with ZLIB_1.2.9 missing.

Is there a way to fix this, link to a different library?

Thanks,
Joe

Can't load '/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/mach/5.24/auto/RRDs/RRDs.so' for module RRDs: /lib/libz.so.6: version ZLIB_1.2.9 required by /usr/local/lib/libpng16.so.16 not found at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.24/mach/DynaLoader.pm line 193.
at sysstats-rrd-lib.pl line 33.

root@test5:/ # libchk /lib/libz.so
Will look into:
/bin
/lib
/sbin
/usr/bin
/usr/lib
/usr/libexec
/usr/local/bin
/usr/local/lib
/usr/local/libexec
/usr/local/sbin
/usr/sbin
Unresolvable link(s) found in: /sbin/ping
libcap_dns.so.0
Unresolvable link(s) found in: /usr/bin/kdump
libcap_grp.so.0
libcap_pwd.so.0
Unresolvable link(s) found in: /usr/sbin/tcpdump
libcap_dns.so.0

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Warden is being phased out in favor of iocage. There won't be any more updates to warden or it's templates.

moosethemucha

Dabbler
Will the new iocage implementation allow you to a base system upgrade without having to re-create the jail using the new template and move over your old settings ?

moosethemucha

Dabbler
I think I can answer my own question

Code:
sudo iocage
Usage: iocage [OPTIONS] COMMAND [ARGS]...

A jail manager.

Options:
  -v, --version  Display iocage's version and exit.
  --help		 Show this message and exit.

Commands:
  activate	Set a zpool active for iocage usage.
  chroot	  Chroot to a jail.
  clean	   Destroy specified dataset types.
  clone	   Clone a jail.
  console	 Login to a jail.
  create	  Create a jail.
  df		  Show resource usage of all jails.
  exec		Run a command inside a specified jail.
  export	  Exports a specified jail.
  fetch	   Fetch a version of FreeBSD for jail usage.
  fstab	   Manipulate the specified jails fstab.
  get		 Gets the specified property.
  import	  Import a specified jail.
  list		List a specified dataset type, by default...
  migrate	 Migrate all jails to the new jail format.
  pkg		 Use pkg inside a specified jail.
  restart	 Restarts the specified jails or ALL.
  rollback	Rollbacks the specified jail.
  set		 Sets the specified property.
  snaplist	Show snapshots of a specified jail.
  snapremove  Remove specified snapshot of a jail.
  snapshot	Snapshots the specified jail.
  start	   Starts the specified jails or ALL.
  update	  Run freebsd-update to update a specified jail...
  upgrade	 Run freebsd-update to upgrade a specified...

Specifically

Code:
sudo iocage upgrade
Usage: iocage upgrade [OPTIONS] JAIL

Error: Missing argument "jail".
% sudo iocage upgrade --help
Usage: iocage upgrade [OPTIONS] JAIL

Run freebsd-update to upgrade a specified jail to the RELEASE given.

Options:
  -r, --release TEXT  RELEASE to upgrade to  [required]
  --help			  Show this message and exit.

Which is awesome now more ticky tacky updates

RegularJoe

Patron
it doesn't seem like it should be that hard to make the 11.1 version of FreeNAS match the 11.1 Warden jail. I can switch to the new jails but I am still using the old UI as the new one does not appear to be feature complete. It is very handy in the old UI to be able to spawn a console, add storage, start/stop/restart it and change the IP address of the jail.

raidflex

Guru
Does FreeNAS only create base jails?
It looks to me like those are an oddity and most jails will be the standard type.
http://iocage.readthedocs.io/en/latest/jailtypes.html

Can someone in the know please answer this, it seems there is very little info on what is complete as far as IOCAGE goes in 11.1. On top of that upgrading in 11.0 jails is broken due to EOL and I still do not see an answer as far as upgrading warden jails to 11.1 As far as the new UI, there needs to be some notes on what features have not been implemented from the old UI. Without any specifics on features this makes it harder to make a decision on which UI to use at the moment when it comes to jails, since IOCAGE only works in the new UI.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Warden is not going to get updated to use 11.1 jails, it's going away to be replaced in 11.2 by iocage. Iocage is currently implemented in the new GUI but of course it is not feature complete and won't be for some time. You can still use iocage in the old ui via the CLI.

This has been discussed to death on the forums and if you want to track progress watch the bug tracker.

raidflex

Guru
Warden is not going to get updated to use 11.1 jails, it's going away to be replaced in 11.2 by iocage. Iocage is currently implemented in the new GUI but of course it is not feature complete and won't be for some time. You can still use iocage in the old ui via the CLI.

This has been discussed to death on the forums and if you want to track progress watch the bug tracker.

I had a feeling 11.1 would not be seen in jails, would have made sense to plan the release of 11.2 or full IOCAGE support/migration before the EOL of 11.0 instead of just letting things break. It would be one thing if 11.2 was not too far away but I would not be surprised if its 4-6 months away. I should not need to use a bug tracker to find out what new features are released in a new version, this is what change logs are for or at least a forum post. Sorry if this sounds a little bit of a rant but I do not want to see a repeat of that happen with Corral and the way the jail system has been handled reminds me of that.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
It is very unfortunate to see the jails in the shape they are in, I sure hope they can get things ironed out by the time 11.2 comes out. I'm staying on 9.10 until it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.